Good Riddance Peter Moores

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just reading that Strauss ECB Director of Cricket elect?

f***ing hell, man. A whirlpool of suits, yes men and conservatives.

Wasn't it Strauss that when he heard that Moores was in the for job took it upon himself to contact the ECB to warn against it? (Might be confusing him with Vaughan)

Right lads being a cricket fan but not having played (since school anyway!) can you educate me as to why the England cricket team need a coach?
I can understand a manager to decide their match strategy etc but surely they've already throughout their careers been coached to a certain level by their counties to attain test match standard to start with?

Nobody like that wants it man, he gets paid a fortune for the IPL and doesn't want to cart his family around the world for England.

:lol: fuck off man

What is it with people and Strauss, just because he is posh and a blunt arsehole like Vaughan

He was an absolutely class captain, one of our best ever, and is perfect for the job, if he had a different accent...
Here we go again....a former captain whose face fits. You'll be telling me that his test average makes him a credible candidate.

Why do you think my post was a de facto endorsement of Vaughan ?
I think you often answer the posts you think you see.

Right lads being a cricket fan but not having played (since school anyway!) can you educate me as to why the England cricket team need a coach?
I can understand a manager to decide their match strategy etc but surely they've already throughout their careers been coached to a certain level by their counties to attain test match standard to start with?
That's all he does mostly and even the match strategy I'd hope would be done in concert with the Captain.

Sometimes people need advice on tactics or technique and they should have someone there to help if needed. Also they need someone to organise practise routines, nets, fielding and fitness especially for those on the tour but not playing.

Also the coach is part of the on-tour selectors, hopefully a few people get together to choose the team for the next match coach+captain+whoever.

So I'd say it's an important role but different and less vital to that of a football manager.

Wasn't it Strauss that when he heard that Moores was in the for job took it upon himself to contact the ECB to warn against it? (Might be confusing him with Vaughan)
it was. in his book he states that moores did vaughans head in that much it forced him to bring forward his retirement

especially if the politically correct Strauss gets the boss job.
it appears he will, so its possible moores could go, as strauss has stated he didnt rate him in the past.

we need a radical change and a new era of players. i cant see it happening and we have new zealand, aus and saffers away and can anyone realistically see us winning any of those series?

it appears he will, so its possible moores could go, as strauss has stated he didnt rate him in the past.

we need a radical change and a new era of players. i cant see it happening and we have new zealand, aus and saffers away and can anyone realistically see us winning any of those series?

got Pakistan away anarl mate.

He's a quote from Moores
"“I don’t want people to feel sorry for me,” he said yesterday. “But it’s not how I operate as a coach. I know I’m a good developer of players. My record is good at developing players, certainly younger players."
Perhaps that's what is wrong with him. Developing players is something you do at Loughborough and in the counties, in the England team not so much it's then about winning test matches.

It's also bang on. Strauss would be a step in the same (wrong) direction.

I agree. Hussain or Vaughan for me but cant see either of them wanting/getting it. Dont like Stewart much but think he might be better than Strauss. Dull as dishwater.

moores just been on skysports news re cooks new opening partner. mentioned sam robson, james taylor and lyth

does he do these interviews with no idea at all how he is coming over? taylor and robson man,. no mention of hales who is in superb form

i lay odds it will be bell

Please not Robson. He's awful except for taking Durham's attack apart the other day of course !

I dont like this idea of trying to make middle order batters into openers. They should probably pick Lyth, but he's played no cricket for a month so it's a tough ask for him. Hales might be a better shout but I'm not sure his face fits.

Please not Robson. He's awful except for taking Durham's attack apart the other day of course !

I dont like this idea of trying to make middle order batters into openers. They should probably pick Lyth, but he's played no cricket for a month so it's a tough ask for him. Hales might be a better shout but I'm not sure his face fits.
interview with moores on skysports news in a minute 1130pm

they will go down the safe route of cook, bell, ballance. its got moores written all over it. hales is obviously not a yes man and will get odis and t20s at best. he could score a million this summer and he would not get past the central contracted players

To be honest I can't see them winning one game out of those three series unless there's a complete change of mindset and selecting personnel based on performance rather than who they play for ....... the other negative is that England coaches seem to have a habit of trying to change players techniques to fit in with their 'text book' rather than developing the natural ability of the player and working with their 'foibles'. The time to change their style and technique is when they're developing kids, not when they get selected for England ........ rant over .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back