Going to the match with absolutely no pressure

Feel like this was how my childhood was. Mid 80s, think might be late 80s but probably 3rd division. Was chuffed to be spending time with my old man and getting a cowboy special. I’ll leave that hanging….

I started mid 90s so just as Reid got us promoted so we were either pushing for Europe/promotion or battling relegation pretty much every single season for 28 years. Im exhausted :lol:

Nobody wants to watch the last few games knowing there’s nothing on them unless survival has been achieved massively against the odds. Say Luton were sitting mid table in the premier league- that would be enjoyable for Luton fans as it’d represent a huge achievement they could revel in.

For us, a side that finished 6th last season and were supposedly unsatisfied with that, to go through the motions of the last few games knowing we’d be finishing 12th - 14th is a hard sell.

I’ll be there and will enjoy the day (unless it’s a repeat of the Blackburn game) but the real excitement will be created by results elsewhere today.

It’s been weird watching the Leeds and WBA games with almost zero nerves going into the last 10 mins worrying about losing/drawing as it’s for nowt in the grand scheme of things

Has to be said this is the ideal time to give some of the fringe players some experience at this level

Really pleased to see young Chris Rigg get game time - if he gets 20 matches under his belt at the age of 16 it will be a remarkable achievement

Would also frankly like to see young Watson play as I suspect we all know what might happen on the transfer front in the summer

If I genuinely believed that ownership was going to turn over a new leaf and change things in the summer to make a real promotion push, I wouldn't be bothered about the last few games of a failed season counting for nowt. Unfortunately I suspect that this is the shape of things to come under this structure (if indeed we don't find ourselves in danger by this time next year).

Complete non-event innit. I mean of course I'm going anyway, but I'm not even sure who we're playing. Just not arsed about the whole thing.
I agree.

Safc should never be half a dozen or so games from a championship season end without even play off hope ffs.

This regime need to understand that or fuck off.
I think they probably do realise this season has been a failure. Unfortunately it's not something you can address til it's done with and we get to the summer.

Last edited:
Feel like this was how my childhood was. Mid 80s, think might be late 80s but probably 3rd division. Was chuffed to be spending time with my old man and getting a cowboy special. I’ll leave that hanging….
Bloody hell that brings back some memories that like. Haven't heard cowboy special for donkeys years mate and aye this season has been shite but we have been through far worse than this and probably will do again at some point.

Back