RTG Getting pop-ups, Audio, redirects, ads overlaying text, malware reports from ads please read this

numerous threads in the past about it but jack shit gets done
@Roger is currently trying to sort it. There is a lengthy thread on the help forum.

I will say that an instant solution for it is to become a contributor. The problem is issue with a certain ad on the site that roger is trying to get to the bottom of. Since becoming a contributor disables all ads, we are not getting this issue.

£15 a year(iirc) to become a contributor which tbh is absolute peanuts considering the length of time some posters spend on this site.

Click on my 'contributor' banner to learn more.

Hello fellas, is anyone having issues when viewing rtg on safari on iPhone, mine keeps redirecting to either the App Store or a webpage for king iphone apps. Is anyone else experiencing this or has my phone got a virus or something??

Also, if it's a virus how the hell do I fix that on iPhone??
No you haven't it's just this shitty forum that keeps directing people there so they can get more money for advertising

Thank god, thought it was just me!

Edit: how f***ing annoying is it!!! Literally every few seconds at times and sometimes mid post.
It's pathetic, its been happening for months and fuck all gets done about it. Someone even got scammed out of 4 quid because of it as they pressed reply or summat just as a pop up redirected them. It's a disgrace.

Hello fellas, is anyone having issues when viewing rtg on safari on iPhone, mine keeps redirecting to either the App Store or a webpage for king iphone apps. Is anyone else experiencing this or has my phone got a virus or something??

Also, if it's a virus how the hell do I fix that on iPhone??
I've had it recently but it's been ok for the last week

Merged onto the help desk (WTf is that, nobody had ever heard of it) forum.

Fight the power, freedom of mutha f***ing speech biatches.

And even as I'm typing this I got re-f***ing-directed to house if Fraser - f***ing as if man, van mildert all the way here mutha fuckas!

Merged onto the help desk (WTf is that, nobody had ever heard of it) forum.

Fight the power, freedom of mutha f***ing speech biatches.

And even as I'm typing this I got re-f***ing-directed to house if Fraser - f***ing as if man, van mildert all the way here mutha fuckas!
Keeping it off the main board and out of sight of the majority.

Keeping it off the main board and out of sight of the majority.

No, it will have been moved here by the moderators so I see it, am aware of it and do something about it. If it was on the main forum, the chances are I wouldn't see it.

Please, everyone who is affected by this, read the first post on this thread. I don't have an iPhone and do not see this problem myself so rely on people giving me the information requested in that post.

The ads are currently being sold through at least 6 different networks, each of them also cross-sell through the large bidding exchanges (which ultimately thousands of people bid on). I can't accuse networks of delivering rogue ads unless I have some evidence of which networks they are coming from. Some of the networks are subject to contracts, so I can't just turn them off without some firm evidence it is coming from them.

A quick search show the problem is widespread across the internet and is affecting loads of other sites, small and large, and I fear that as long as we are using the ad-networks it will never go away completely, but I will always try my best to get rid of them.

I appreciate this thread is never a good place to sell the ad-free subscriptions as that makes it look like I am not bothered about solving the problem, but you can guarantee the problem will be resolved if you do subscribe for less than 20p per week.

I'd also advise allowing cookies if you don't already. I appreciate this lets the ad-networks track you, but with the ad-delivery mechanism we use, it will restrict the number of ads coming from each of the networks, so you should never see the problem more than 5 times an hour unless it is coming from more than one network.

Back