RTG Getting pop-ups, Audio, redirects, ads overlaying text, malware reports from ads please read this

Ah ok, well yeah fuck the members of this site then, so long as you get your revenue, like the guy said above, it's been over a year for him.

Ah ok, well yeah fuck the members of this site then, so long as you get your revenue, like the guy said above, it's been over a year for him.

I never said that though did I?

I appreciate it has been over a year and appreciate it is a major problem for some people, and in that time I have spent probably hundreds of hours trying to chase down the rogue ads and binned several ad networks. If I was trying to brush it all under the carpet, this thread wouldn't be here at all Instead I am taking the problem seriously and trying to gather as much information as possible. The trouble is as fast as cuplrits are identified and removed, new adverts appear. Ultimately the adverts aren't controlled by RTG, but by the ad networks.

Regarding the revenue, there are 3 choices:
1. Run adverts with an option for users to remove them.
2. Make the site a subscription only site and remove the ads altogether.
3. Shut the site down because I certainly couldn't afford to keep it going.

So realistically adverts are here to stay and I will continue to try to get rid of the rogue ones which is always easier if people give me the information I ask for at the top of this thread.

The ads are very specifically targetted, typically at a particular phone model, on a particular mobile network at a particular time of day so the reality is they are very difficult to trace/erradicate.
There are 3 or 4 companies that will monitor the ads to look for rogue ones, but to get them to check using 2 or 3 phone networks for 2 or 3 phone models (which is the bare minimum to catch the rogue ads) would cost more per month than the site makes in ad income each year and they don't guarantee to catch things anyway.

The one (cheaper) security/malware monitoring company I have used for the last 12 months found no faults with the site in all that time (No surprise as they won't be imitating various devices in various geo locations on various mobile networks and this isn't an issue so far on desktop devices).

Believe me, if there was an easy solution to this issue I would have found it and applied it by now.

I've been on no other site that has these issues, you know it's the ad agency, spend your time chasing up a better ad agency rather than chasing your tail with rogue adverts, the agencies should be sorting that not you !

I haven't had a redirect or pop up for a while now, I did notice that I had an alert a couple of weeks ago saying that one of my account upgrades had expired which was odd as I hadn't upgraded.

I haven't had a redirect or pop up for a while now, I did notice that I had an alert a couple of weeks ago saying that one of my account upgrades had expired which was odd as I hadn't upgraded.

I upgraded a bunch of people who were having the problem into the ad free group for about a month at the height of the latest problems. It will have been that expiring.

I upgraded a bunch of people who were having the problem into the ad free group for about a month at the height of the latest problems. It will have been that expiring.
Thank you very much. I haven't had a problem since it expired either, so hopefully that's good news.

I don't know if I was in your group that got an upgrade but I hadn't had problems for ages until the last week or so. Now I get 'game of war' adverts every single click again. As per usual it's fine over wifi or on desktop

Thank you very much. I haven't had a problem since it expired either, so hopefully that's good news.

Yes, it is good news, but clearly people like @prehab26 and @bu-bu-buchanon are still having major problems, so things aren't fixed. My guess would be that they are on a different phone network to you or using a different device type, the rogue ads are so specifically targetted which is why I don't see them and have so much trouble tracking them down!

@bu-bu-buchanon you have never been in an ad free group. Details as requested in my 1st post on this thread would be useful for me.

Yes, it is good news, but clearly people like @prehab26 and @bu-bu-buchanon are still having major problems, so things aren't fixed. My guess would be that they are on a different phone network to you or using a different device type, the rogue ads are so specifically targetted which is why I don't see them and have so much trouble tracking them down!

@bu-bu-buchanon you have never been in an ad free group. Details as requested in my 1st post on this thread would be useful for me.

Just to add some clarity to the situation. My network is EE 4g data, Iphone 6. It only ever happens on data not through wifi.

Just to add some clarity to the situation. My network is EE 4g data, Iphone 6. It only ever happens on data not through wifi.

@Roger - exact same details as above for me. I see the game of war advert on wifi too but it doesn't kick me out of RTG and try and redirect me to the AppStore. It does when on 3/4 g though.

I did flag my details up before but don't blame you for missing them in amongst this thread.

1. The Network(s) you see the problem on (if any) Neither 4 nor 5 gave me a problem
  2. The advert which is causing the problem (if you can identify this) Nothing
  3. The type of device you are using (desktop PC, Tablet, Mobile) and if tablet/mobile the orientation of it (portrait/landscape) iPhone 5, both
  4. The browser and operating system you are using. Safari, iOS 8.1.3
  5. If you are using a mobile, which network are you using (EE, O2, 3, Vodaphone etc) Three
I think the fact that I haven't updated to the latest iOS has somewhat solved my problems; I'm not getting targetted anymore. I'd say the problem is maybe targetting people who upgrade their latest operating system? Hope this helps.

So if I am reading this right, everyone who is currently having problems is getting them in the mornings and is using an iPhone 6 and EE?

keep getting directed to app store on iphone to buy some cookie game. sky broadband

cookie jam

tried those test links and 1 had 2 issues. opened a war game in app store (lord of war i think) and a website called ewank.

was actually game of war fire age.
me to

Back