Getting Behind The Team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

I never am lately. If posters reckon that is negative then that is too many years, too many false dawns, too many boring displays and not enough wins. I see going as a chore now, a slightly less tedious chore than shopping or DIY. People keep saying that players need confidence and backing, it's a chicken and egg scenario for me. If the players take the game by the scruff of the neck, the crowd will be brilliant, if as usual they don't, we get bored, can't get motivated , have nowt to get excited about and sit on our hands, then apparently it's all our fault. I don't need anyone behind me cheering at work and I don't need plaudits to be able to do my job.
It's going to be very tense and a big crowd, we all know what happens in those games don't we?
Good God, I hope I'm f***ing wrong
Well said that man. I don't get paid £30k a week but I'm still expected to do my job to the best of my abilities and if I tried to say I wasn't doing so because I didn't feel my customers were cheering me on I'd be sacked on the spot.

Wouldn't mind one being misplaced into your boat race, now that would be worth the entrance fee alone!
my seat is a good distance high and wide of the goal so theres a decent chance and how do you pay an entrance fee, i thought the toilet attendants were staff?.:confused:

Wrong on so many accounts, would offer to meet you for a drink before the game but I don't think im allowed a guest in corporate

We've averaged ower 40,000 this season to watch turgid shite football
Yet these cheeky feckers still say we need to get behind them
How about the players & manager get behind the fans stead of slagging us off

Ungrateful bastards

This Saturday:

- The players will be awkward in trying to come to terms with three at the back.
- Burnley will be like rabid dogs sniffing out our confusion.
- Impatience and frustration will crackle all round the stadium.
- Burnley will score in the 2nd half.
- Howls of outrage at the final whistle.

The football dictates the atmosphere. The fans have bought the tickets, so guess that means over to you Gus/players.
Absolutely mate. Play at a high pace, get in amongst them and have a go. The atmosphere will take care of itself if that happens. Problem is, those 3 things are what we don't do. We as fans are all going, just hoping our team plays well and has a go.

We've averaged ower 40,000 this season to watch turgid shite football
Yet these cheeky feckers still say we need to get behind them
How about the players & manager get behind the fans stead of slagging us off

Ungrateful bastards
It is a pisstake like. The club is very lucky to have the support it has.

Well said that man. I don't get paid £30k a week but I'm still expected to do my job to the best of my abilities and if I tried to say I wasn't doing so because I didn't feel my customers were cheering me on I'd be sacked on the spot.

Utter bollocks. Money has no effect on getting psyched up for a physical game.

That's why I pointed out I don't get paid £30k a week but I still do my job to the best of my ability regardless.

Now either read a post properly before replying or fuck off and die.

Getting that level of attendance on Saturday is a superb achievement which hardly any other team in the country could match, especially when the football has been so shite for months on end.

But 'getting behind the team' is not as simple as that is it? Support isn't just about huge numbers turning up.

It's just as much about the fans on Saturday supporting the team, creating a positive atmosphere in which players can play their best football, not sitting back, arms folded, waiting for Bridcutt or Coates or Gomez or Wickham to do something wrong so they can get on their backs, or for a backpass so that they can shout at them to get it bloody forward man.

f***ing all of this!
Haway

Well said that man, some of our fans aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. Just read some tool on here saying "going to the match is becoming like a chore" tell you what mate don't bother going, I'm driving down from Aberdeen and straight back after the game, I don't see it as a chore I can't wait! Let's get behind the team and support them because we are SUPPORTERS after all!

Going to the match is a chore. If you were a season ticket holder and actually went to every game you'd understand this. You've obviously lost touch living away.

Still never worked out why, as a supporter, youd go to the game waiting for something to trigger you off. Everyone knows players will respond better to vocal support, and as we all want Sunderland to do well, that is surely what we should be aiming to do. (well that and absolutely hammering the opposition players). I know they earn a fortune and all that malarky, but they are still human beings, who will play better in a supportive environment. Plus, its surely more fun to have a sing song/good time than sitting arms folded and getting yourself angry and stressed to fuck :lol:

Going to the match isnt a chore. Its a chance to watch live football, with your mates and have a beer.

Id quite like to see some of our players get in behind Burnley for once and cause them some problems. If that happens the whole stadium will be behind them
If the players put the effort in and have go to win the game we will be behind them all the way. Massive game lets get behind them.

Still never worked out why, as a supporter, youd go to the game waiting for something to trigger you off. Everyone knows players will respond better to vocal support, and as we all want Sunderland to do well, that is surely what we should be aiming to do. (well that and absolutely hammering the opposition players). I know they earn a fortune and all that malarky, but they are still human beings, who will play better in a supportive environment. Plus, its surely more fun to have a sing song/good time than sitting arms folded and getting yourself angry and stressed to fuck :lol:

Going to the match isnt a chore. Its a chance to watch live football, with your mates and have a beer.

this

Our fans are vicious, yes our tactics are defensive but that's the way Gus has set up our team and we need to support it. Hopefully Wickham starts tomorrow as he can get in behind and excite the fans. We're missing Cattermole as well

How about you's give us something to get behind yous for you useless bastards
Tbf Pants did say that. But I agree with him. There seems to be a lot of whinging bastards about at the minute. First mis placed pass on Saturday and the boo boys will be out in force. I'm as p*ssed off as anyone at the minute. But lets face facts, booing the team and getting on their backs helps nobody. The players need to have more courage on the ball and get the tempo high.

Tbf Pants did say that. But I agree with him. There seems to be a lot of whinging bastards about at the minute. First mis placed pass on Saturday and the boo boys will be out in force. I'm as p*ssed off as anyone at the minute. But lets face facts, booing the team and getting on their backs helps nobody. The players need to have more courage on the ball and get the tempo high.

Agree with this. More of our fans need to get behind the lads and sing throughout.

When a player makes a mistake I just keep quiet as I know moaning doesn't do any good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back