Gary Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just heard !!! He looked fit on tv yesterday :cry: rip Gary

He took his own life apparently ..... :cry:

The Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8918628/Wales-boss-Gary-Speed-found-dead.html

The former Leeds, Everton, Newcastle and Bolton midfielder was found hanged at his home in Chester this morning. Police say there are no suspsicious circumstances surrounding the 42-year-old's death.

The Football Association of Wales confirmed the news, saying that Speed's family had authorised the release of the information.

A spokesman for Cheshire Police said: "At 7.08am this morning, sunday 27 November, police were informed of an incident at Aldford Road, Huntington. Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and next of kin have been informed." The spokesman added that man was found hanged.

Last edited:
I feel sick with shock. I really do. He was only on yesterday as has been mentioned. He was also on Strictly' cheering on Robbie Savage. Things were picking up in the Wales side. Not one inkling of any outward sign of depression.

My condolences to his family.

Great Professional and always came across as a really nice fella. RIP.

RIP Gary, an excellent servant from us and such an influence on our younger players at the time.

A true pro and the game has lost a great personality.

Thoughts with his friends and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back