Gary Breeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
[photo="medium"]2312[/photo] Gary Breeds about 1976 at Redby school, my wife taught him and loved him, a real cheeky Charlie, she loved the naughty boys. She came in one day and said he was playing football in the school yard and she had never seen anything like it, she called over Geoff Matthews to tell him, Geoff he ran the school football team. A sad loss to his family and friends.
Hes f***ing huge for about 7 year old..mate of mine played in same side at about age 12 and said he had the back and shoulders of a man and was drinking pints by then as well. ..he also says as everyone else he was by far the best player he ever played with or against. .

Remember we played Fulwell, only about 10/11 yrs old, he did a David Beckham and scored from the half way line. I know the goalie would have been no 6 footer but still a full size pitch.....what a footballer !

PIL. The lad on the right looks familiar too

Aye it's PIL, topper lad, never changed much since that photo either, think his brother posts on here.

Can't for the life of me remember the other lads name, his brother used to post on here as Brian Potter.

Aye it's PIL, topper lad, never changed much since that photo either, think his brother posts on here.

Can't for the life of me remember the other lads name, his brother used to post on here as Brian Potter.
Just checked the back of the photo, Class 1, 1976/77 Gary Breeds, Richard Dickens and Jeremy Wade.

Played footy loads of times with the lad at number six Ian Dipper as he worked in the cutting room at Dewhirsts when I worked there in the offices........
Aye Dipper went to our school, cracking side they had containing Dipper, Pringles,Cox, Coatsworth and obviously (Choc) Mendonca.

Logon or register to see this image

In Saturday’s match day programme for SAFC’s clash against Arsenal, the club paid tribute to Gary, who lost his battle with liver cancer earlier this month.

It read: “The club passes its condolences to the family of Gary Breeds. Rated as perhaps the most talented youngster to emerge on Wearside for a generation, Gary’s potential as a footballer was never realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back