Game v Cardiff from an injury perspective

McGregor

Winger
Obviously we will have O Nien back, and I'd like to think Ballard. But who of the other injured players were expected to be back around the start of April.

I was thinking Roberts and Dack? Evans with a possible part to play if he can play for the U21s before hand. Alese another who was expected back. Cirkin was back on the grass wasn't he ? No idea how close to full training or u21 minutes he was. Embleton rolled over on his ankle, same as Evans. These aren't serious injuries so they really should in contention for April

Dack, Evans and Alese could be on the bench

Roberts and Clarke more likely Bristol City
I can understand being cautious with Evans & Alese but if Dack is fit (which he should be given he was on the bench against QPR) then he needs to start imo, we're desperate for experience & some sort of presence up top.
After seeing Dack for the u21s, I sincerely hope he starts up front as he has more about him than Burstow and Hemir put together.
Hems been a shite signing and it shows how appalling we are up front for anyone to really say that.
When Mowbray had him & Jobe up top as 2 false 9's I thought we were on to something. Against Preston it didn't quite work because they were both dropping deep at the same time but there were signs against Rotherham & Coventry that they had been working on the understanding that if one dropped deep the other had to stay forward. Then against Southampton it all came together & they were a genuine threat. Unfortunately Dack got injured & we never saw it again. Would be nice if we could reform that partnership for the run in.

Back