FM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halfway through my 2nd season with Hearts now. Finished 12 points behind Celtic but won both domestic cups in my first season but every time there's a chance to go top of the league this season they get absolutely twatted! :evil:

Probably asked this about ten times, but with our stingy budget and lack of talent to sell, what kind of transfers do people go for in season 1 with the lads?

Got a cracking little game going on with Basel. Almost got sacked first season after bombing out of the Champions League qualifiers and being 7th in the league after 4 months. Got 5 games to save my fate and hit a great run of form. Bounced back to win the league and cup double :cool:. My main signings were Angel Correa and Bertrand Traore on loan and Marko Pjaca for £5m. Embolo was unhappy for half of the season but I managed to keep hold of him and get him to sign a new contract with a £30m minimum release clause. He finished the season with 18 goals and 10 assists. Correa was by far my star man though, playing in the number 10 role scoring 15 and assisting 13. In January Watford came in for my Czech keeper and I accepted the £3.5m and replaced him with Predraj Rajkovic who has the potential to be top drawer.

I was building slowly over the summer of my second season having only been given a modest transfer budget. My key signing was the bosman transfer of Moussa Dembele from Fulham as Embolo's inevitable replacement. With 3 days left in the transfer window, Arsenal came in with a £30m bid for Embolo and took him from me. The upside is that the board gave me the full amount to invest. Lucas from Atletico cost me £19m but will be incredible for a couple of seasons until I make a big profit from a super club. £7.5m went on Mattheus Perreira from Corinthians. 18 years old wonder kid looks like a steal and will play as an inside forward on the right. The final £2.5m went on Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco to solidify my midfield.

8 games into the new season and I've won 7. Dembele has scored 6 in 8 and is settling in nicely. Pjaca has stepped up after the exit of Correa and Embolo and is driving all of my attacks. Milan, Valencia and Sevilla are circling but i'll hold them off. When Juve, Bayern or a Premier League club matches his £30m release fee, then he can go.

My Champions League group is tough with Juventus and Schalke in the group but it's a good test of how good my team is.

Loving this save, got so many promising youngsters as well.

Got a cracking little game going on with Basel. Almost got sacked first season after bombing out of the Champions League qualifiers and being 7th in the league after 4 months. Got 5 games to save my fate and hit a great run of form. Bounced back to win the league and cup double :cool:. My main signings were Angel Correa and Bertrand Traore on loan and Marko Pjaca for £5m. Embolo was unhappy for half of the season but I managed to keep hold of him and get him to sign a new contract with a £30m minimum release clause. He finished the season with 18 goals and 10 assists. Correa was by far my star man though, playing in the number 10 role scoring 15 and assisting 13. In January Watford came in for my Czech keeper and I accepted the £3.5m and replaced him with Predraj Rajkovic who has the potential to be top drawer.

I was building slowly over the summer of my second season having only been given a modest transfer budget. My key signing was the bosman transfer of Moussa Dembele from Fulham as Embolo's inevitable replacement. With 3 days left in the transfer window, Arsenal came in with a £30m bid for Embolo and took him from me. The upside is that the board gave me the full amount to invest. Lucas from Atletico cost me £19m but will be incredible for a couple of seasons until I make a big profit from a super club. £7.5m went on Mattheus Perreira from Corinthians. 18 years old wonder kid looks like a steal and will play as an inside forward on the right. The final £2.5m went on Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco to solidify my midfield.

8 games into the new season and I've won 7. Dembele has scored 6 in 8 and is settling in nicely. Pjaca has stepped up after the exit of Correa and Embolo and is driving all of my attacks. Milan, Valencia and Sevilla are circling but i'll hold them off. When Juve, Bayern or a Premier League club matches his £30m release fee, then he can go.

My Champions League group is tough with Juventus and Schalke in the group but it's a good test of how good my team is.

Loving this save, got so many promising youngsters as well.

2nd season complete and a 2nd double in the bag. Won the league by 14 points and my new signings stepped up easily to cover the loss of Embolo. Dembele found his feet quickly and finished the season with 23 goals and 11 assists in the league. Pjaca dominated every game he played scoring 17 and assisting 13 in the league. PSG came in and ma`etched his £30m release fee though, so it's time to replace again. As for my other stars Lucas had a solid if unspectacular season and is already moaning about joining a bigger club, and Perreira was inconsistent but great on his day. My Champions League group was as tough as expected and despite beating BATE twice and winning the home tie against Schalke, it wasn't enough and I dropped into the Europa League. In the Europa League I beat Sporting in the first round but was no match for Napoli after that.

I've made a handful of signings with the Pjaca money to try and strengthen the squad. £11m went on his left wing replacement, Nicolas Delgadillo, a 19 year old Argentinian wonder kid at Sporting. £6m went on Ante Coric from Dinamo, £4m on Charles Aranguiz from Leverkusen and £1.1m on Piszczek from Dortmund. I've started the season more slowly though, drawing 4 of my first 8 games. The Champions League draw is tough again with Schalke again being an opponent and PSG being the top seed. It looks like the Europa League beckons again.

Back playing after my legendary saves at the start of the thread with Dundalk, Barrow, Feyernoord and FC Mitiidyland :cool::cool::cool:

Now I'm with AEK Athens. Greek League is the worst league I've ever played in FM History, worse than the League of Ireland.

Back playing after my legendary saves at the start of the thread with Dundalk, Barrow, Feyernoord and FC Mitiidyland :cool::cool::cool:

Now I'm with AEK Athens. Greek League is the worst league I've ever played in FM History, worse than the League of Ireland.

You've obviously never managed a MLS team. Complicated as fuck.

DC tried to trade me a 1st draft pick for a player. I was like wtf is a draft pick. I just ended up picking random players I knew nothing about. I resigned a little after that and got a job with York City.

You've obviously never managed a MLS team. Complicated as fuck.

DC tried to trade me a 1st draft pick for a player. I was like wtf is a draft pick. I just ended up picking random players I knew nothing about. I resigned a little after that and got a job with York City.

I know the system, higher league position = higher draft priority, you can negotiate shit as you mentioned.

MLS does interest me but the problem I have with it is you have New York City FC dominating the Eastern Division and Galaxy destroying the Western unless there's a team knocking about with a good foundation to knock 1 off its perch.

Just bought this today in Poundland might be worth checking out for any other fans.

Logon or register to see this image

I really enjoyed that. It made me realise that although I was a sad bastard who plays the game far too much, I haven't hit the heights of those who watch cup finals in their suits and have relationships break up over it yet.

Watched it with my mate and we knew all of the players they were going to talk about just by the descriptions. All the classic players when this game was at its very best.

Getting loads of injurys my traings only at medium intensity.

Ive delegated to Brian McClair to try and sort out :lol:

2nd season complete and a 2nd double in the bag. Won the league by 14 points and my new signings stepped up easily to cover the loss of Embolo. Dembele found his feet quickly and finished the season with 23 goals and 11 assists in the league. Pjaca dominated every game he played scoring 17 and assisting 13 in the league. PSG came in and ma`etched his £30m release fee though, so it's time to replace again. As for my other stars Lucas had a solid if unspectacular season and is already moaning about joining a bigger club, and Perreira was inconsistent but great on his day. My Champions League group was as tough as expected and despite beating BATE twice and winning the home tie against Schalke, it wasn't enough and I dropped into the Europa League. In the Europa League I beat Sporting in the first round but was no match for Napoli after that.

I've made a handful of signings with the Pjaca money to try and strengthen the squad. £11m went on his left wing replacement, Nicolas Delgadillo, a 19 year old Argentinian wonder kid at Sporting. £6m went on Ante Coric from Dinamo, £4m on Charles Aranguiz from Leverkusen and £1.1m on Piszczek from Dortmund. I've started the season more slowly though, drawing 4 of my first 8 games. The Champions League draw is tough again with Schalke again being an opponent and PSG being the top seed. It looks like the Europa League beckons again.

3rd season complete and a 3rd title for my Basel team. Won the league with ease but failed in Europe as standard. Out in the Champions League group stages as expected, so I went into Europa League and drew Barcelona. Despite beating them 3-1 at home, I lost 4-1 away and went out. Dembele was sensational again in the league scoring 24 in 27. Managed to hold on to him this summer as well so he'll lead the line for his 3rd season. Coric and Aranguiz had cracking debut seasons but my star player was without a doubt Delgadillo. 19 goals and 15 assists got him my player of the season award. It also got him a transfer as PSG again came and stole my best player by paying the £30m release fee. I've replaced him with a guy from Braga (Rafa Silva) and brought in some cover in Lavezzi on a free. My other big signings are Will Hughes on a bosman, Jorge Mere from Sporting for £8m and Oliver from Atletico for £4.8m. I picked up a great regen from Chile to back up Dembele as well so my team is looking strong but I've got another impossible Champions League draw in season 4 - Arsenal and Barcelona. I need to progress further into the Europa League this season though, QF's as a minimum.

3rd season complete and a 3rd title for my Basel team. Won the league with ease but failed in Europe as standard. Out in the Champions League group stages as expected, so I went into Europa League and drew Barcelona. Despite beating them 3-1 at home, I lost 4-1 away and went out. Dembele was sensational again in the league scoring 24 in 27. Managed to hold on to him this summer as well so he'll lead the line for his 3rd season. Coric and Aranguiz had cracking debut seasons but my star player was without a doubt Delgadillo. 19 goals and 15 assists got him my player of the season award. It also got him a transfer as PSG again came and stole my best player by paying the £30m release fee. I've replaced him with a guy from Braga (Rafa Silva) and brought in some cover in Lavezzi on a free. My other big signings are Will Hughes on a bosman, Jorge Mere from Sporting for £8m and Oliver from Atletico for £4.8m. I picked up a great regen from Chile to back up Dembele as well so my team is looking strong but I've got another impossible Champions League draw in season 4 - Arsenal and Barcelona. I need to progress further into the Europa League this season though, QF's as a minimum.

Enjoying reading your updates like. Just picked up FM16 so about to settle into it.

After not playing for a good few months I started a game a couple of months ago and it's turning out to be one of my favourite ever. Started unemployed with no experience or badges and have so far managed Waterford United, Bray Wanderers and York City. I've got a cracking 4-4-2 formation on the go that works class in the lower leagues so far I've won

Waterford (Irish First Division / Regional Cup)
Bray Wanderers (Irish First Division / Irish Premier League / Irish League Cup)
York (Conference / FA Trophy)

After missing out on the play offs in my first season at York I signed Ethan Robson after he was released by us and he has been fantastic, demolished the league last season and have another FA Trophy final to play. Barnsley are in League 2 and I fancy that job but not sure if I have the reputation for it yet

Can't make my mind up about the Greek league. Very poor quality wise but there isn't a big difference in the quality between the top and bottom teams, unless Olympiakos had a freakishly bad season as it sometimes happens with the big teams.

5 games remaining,
Myself, AEK Athens on 52 points,
PAOK on 48 points
Panithakos on 47
Olympiakos on 47

Thinking the MLS will be my next destination.

Hmm, tried using my amazing Monaco tactics (won virtually everything with a load of mint younguns) with Durham.

First three games have been 0-3, 0-6 and 1-5 :eek::lol:

My really good Sunderland tactics haven't worked with anyone else yet either. Nicked them off a lad who used them with Valencia like.

My really good Sunderland tactics haven't worked with anyone else yet either. Nicked them off a lad who used them with Valencia like.

Aye, quite like that aspect of the game.

Every player had to be really on the ball and near 100% fitness for mine to work, used loads of rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back