FM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Made a cracking start at Sheff Wed, won my first four. Went crazy on loans got jackson, love and Rushford all on loan from United. Any good cheap players for the championship on the winter update. Tempted to spend all my 2 million budget on Dwight Gayle.

Back to my Ross County save, immediately resigned and ended up at Sheff Utd, sitting 10th in the Championship in January. Had a canny half season ending up finishing 4th but fell foul of Hull (last minute winner, twats) in the playoff semi final.

Had a big clear out over the summer and saved a wedge on wages, I'd like to think we can make an assault on promotion this season. We've had a poor start though, seemingly incapable of being defensively solid so theres been plenty of high scoring games. Need to sort out the defence if we're to do anything decent.

Back to my Ross County save, immediately resigned and ended up at Sheff Utd, sitting 10th in the Championship in January. Had a canny half season ending up finishing 4th but fell foul of Hull (last minute winner, twats) in the playoff semi final.

Had a big clear out over the summer and saved a wedge on wages, I'd like to think we can make an assault on promotion this season. We've had a poor start though, seemingly incapable of being defensively solid so theres been plenty of high scoring games. Need to sort out the defence if we're to do anything decent.

Into February and we're top by 8 points.

Still not massively defensively sound but our goalscoring ability is epic. Sakho scored 17 in 22 before Lazio came in and stole him and Jason Cummings is the leagues top scorer on 21. Jonny Leko on loan from WBA has 12 in 17 so our firepower is impressive!

Hedged our bets on promotion in January and spent some money, bringing in Semi Ajayi from Plymouth, Harry Winks from Millwall, Neufville from Bristol City, Roshaun Williams on loan from Leicester and a Spanish regen striker called Adrian from Sevilla. Ajayi, Neufville and Williams have helped tighten things up at the back and we have 2 clean sheets in three games.

I started Unemployed with very little experience managing so it was gunna be tough. Coventry job came up in december 2015 who were rock bottom in Leagu1 with 0 to spend and -£22k p/w in wages. It was going to be tough. Guided them safe and got rid of anyone earning 3k or over and just started again. Was lucky to get 2 really good regens who are attracting interest from mid table prem sides but managed to get them to sign decent contracts at 17.
Was top in my 2nd season at xmas, great effort but then went 12 games without a win and find myself 13th. Typical FM. Few injuries didnt help the cause with a paper thin squad but I will get there. Making a profit every month now at the club so its all about rebuilding.
Good tip for anyone is playing friendlies at home mid week with clubs who have a higher rep. You can pick up £10,000's for this and you can just play your reserves/fringe players so it doesnt knacker your team out. It also gives experience to the young ads who think they are playing 1st team football.

Hopefully maybes a take over at safc

What the hell am I supposed to do next season at Sunderland? It's December and we are about 2 million in debt. Losing at least a million a month.

Last edited:
Finished 4th in my first season was amazed. Khazri was unbelievable scored 12 as a inside forward worth 25 million. Borini also scored 15 as a inside forward.

Had a little go on it last night for the first time in a month. Beat Spurs and Everton in the league which I'm coasting to winning. Nicked a 1-0 win in the away leg to Bayern to take back to the SoL with me. Happy days.

Charlie Austin looks set for a 3rd successive 25 goal league campaign.

7 seasons in with Brighton. Promoted via the play offs in the first season and haven't looked back since.

Won the PL twice and the FA Cup 3 times.

Sergio Diaz is an absolute monster. 30+ a season in the league for the last 4 years.

Genuinely don't understand how you can do a career as Sunderland.

You can't even sell players to raise funds. The club just hoover up all the money
It is quite easy. I usually finish midtable the first season then in the champions league spots in season 2. Just got to be creative with transfers early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back