Flying the British flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

The more people complain about a flag being racist or crying saying they've been racially abused when in reality they haven't. The more people are gonna fly a flag to piss those people off.

Nobody has ever said it's racist other than, ironically, right wing groups who are desperate to be seen as some sort of persecuted minority by asking "Why is the union Jack racist?" and desperately hoping someone will come along and say it is.

Nobody else, in reality, gives a flying fuck.

Why do people feel the need to fly a British flag anyway? We live in Britain.

I'd understand it if people were holidaying abroad or at a sporting event because that's when people tend to feel most British because they are clearly different from the rest of the populace, but it seems a bit pointless flying a British flag in Sunderland - the vast majority of people are British.

Also, apart from election time a lot of the people flying them that you see in the media tend to be skinhead knackers in the EDL, National Front, etc, who obviously have a huge dislike of foreigners. So it's no wonder why it has picked up a bad rep and some people are wondered about how they are perceived flying it.

I honestly think it boils down to
A) Who's flying it
B) Where they're flying it
C) How people perceive them
D) What they're trying to achieve by flying it

This. The flag is often seen on Public buildings, Stadiums, Flagpoles in peoples gardens, and bizarrely Aldi carrier bags - and the Aldi carrier bag is the most culturally diverse item currently available in the country.

Like I said, f***ing idiots.

Logon or register to see this image

That picture sums up my point above.

Whilst it's tacky as fuck...I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the person is racist.

Emily Thornberry MP is part of the problem by tweeting this and just gives the meatheads that do abuse the Union Flag or St. George's Cross shit to sling.

I think it's mildly ironic that most of these flags will be made in China or India. Flown by people who drive Toyotas or Subarus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back