Fat Sam record speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

38% win ratio, that's 14 wins a season, 42 points from wins alone. Add a handful of draws and we are pushing for Europe! Yes please!

How people can be so fooled by his antics are beyond me. He has a paltry 38% winning percentage which is worse than Poyet by 5%. Basically he wins 38 games out of 100 played. Fat Sam, Roy Hodgeson and Harry Redknapp are old school Managers that need to give it up. Dont like Poyet but would not sack him for Fat Sam's cause.

:lol:

So 42 points from wins a season, plus draws, isn't good enough for you?

In the Premier league?

I doubt it ..unless those games were played in secret.

Most of Sam's wins came in the premier league…best per centage we;ve had is under Reid who had about 33 per cent

Most of Sam's wins were in the lower leagues/cup at Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton and West Ham.

However, comparing stats of an experienced manager with Poyet is a little unfair. A better comparison would be to compare his record against Allardyce's first 2 seasons in the premiership at Bolton, in which case you'd find them quite similar.

If you take out his first 2 seasons at Bolton, then yes.

2001 - 16th
2002 - 17th - escaped relegation on the final day

He would have been sacked by those on here for that, so the 4 top 10 finishes that followed would not have happened.

But Bolton stuck with him despite 2 close calls with relegation and look what happened.

That's bollocks basically. It's a bit different when he was the manager who got them promoted in the first place, and then kept them up against the odds. I bet Bolton were the favorites to get relegated in both them seasons, a bit like Burnley now.

Most of Sam's wins were in the lower leagues/cup at Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton and West Ham.

However, comparing stats of an experienced manager with Poyet is a little unfair. A better comparison would be to compare his record against Allardyce's first 2 seasons in the premiership at Bolton, in which case you'd find them quite similar.

You'd also have to compare the squads and the money at their disposal. I would hazard a guess that Poyet has much more to work with than Allardyce had in his first two premier league seasons.

That's bollocks basically. It's a bit different when he was the manager who got them promoted in the first place, and then kept them up against the odds. I bet Bolton were the favorites to get relegated in both them seasons, a bit like Burnley now.

Is it? We were bottom when Gus took over and he kept us up against the odds. I'm pretty sure we were favourites to go down when Gus took over too.

What also needs to be taken into consideration is how many games Fat Sam has actually managed in the Premier League. The more games you manage, the harder it gets to maintain a good win rate %, especially when only managing lower table clubs.

Because there's nothing better to do on a wet Wednesday morning?

I've just checked the tables from the seasons you mention. Apart from getting the dates wrong, Bolton's second season when they finished 17th, they also had 44 points which would usually get a club around 11-12, so it doesn't seem as bad as you first stated.

Face it, Allardyce's record is far superior to Poyet's.

Poyet's piss must be boiling by now. Comes to a club with a tradition of laying the managers off every season, and he has not been given his pay off yet!!!

Absolute disgrace the way Gus has been having to hang around.

What is unfair is comparing records of two managers that include championship and premier league games. Mick Macarthy would be a superstar under that proviso.

There is a gulf in class between the two leagues - you would not compare a striker who has scored 20 goals in each of three season in the championship with a striker who has scored an average of 16 in three season in the premier league over that same time and conclude that the championship striker is the better one.

So apples to apples - Gus's win percentage in the premier league is based on ten wins out of about 30 games last season and three out of 22 this one - 13 wins out of 52 games. That is 25 per cent. Fat Sam's win percentage in only the premier league games at Bolton, Mags, Blackburn and West Ham is in all cases and collectively, higher than 25 per cent - it ia about 38 % - slighly better than Reid who is our most successful manager in win percentage in the league since it came into existence.

Not saying we should get him in as manager but can see why people might think it a reasonable choice at this stage.

How people can be so fooled by his antics are beyond me. He has a paltry 38% winning percentage which is worse than Poyet by 5%. Basically he wins 38 games out of 100 played. Fat Sam, Roy Hodgeson and Harry Redknapp are old school Managers that need to give it up. Dont like Poyet but would not sack him for Fat Sam's cause.

Thanks for this.

premier league record 3 wins in 22 this season for poyet 10 wins from 31 last season which is 13 wins from 53. in which world is that a 43% win record?.:lol::oops::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back