Fast soccer

• Thread starter the flying graysons
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the flying graysons

Just spent a fantastic weekend at the NRL nines compition. This is a nine a side season warm up with all 16 teams from the NRL competing . 9 minutes halfs 4 pools then top two from each pool through to the knockout stage.

Fantastic fun and got me thinking whether it would work for football. Say 7 or 8 a side @ wembley for one weekend early August.
Would this work in the UK do you think ?

Logon or register to see this image

I think it would be an amazing spectacle that some TV company will throw millions at in prize money and appearance money...so yes this could happen.

All hail the mighty cashcow!

Just spent a fantastic weekend at the NRL nines compition. This is a nine a side season warm up with all 16 teams from the NRL competing . 9 minutes halfs 4 pools then top two from each pool through to the knockout stage.

Fantastic fun and got me thinking whether it would work for football. Say 7 or 8 a side @ wembley for one weekend early August.
Would this work in the UK do you think ?

YOU are a wanker - and you wind me up as you breathe

edit

sorry folks but its true

TRY AND TELL ME YOU DON'T WANK!

YOU are a wanker - and you wind me up as you breathe

edit

sorry folks but its true

TRY AND TELL ME YOU DON'T WANK!
You can watch if you want bud.

Might even let you have a little lick of the first bead of precum

are you quare?
Oh Yes a terribly frightful one probably

But then I don't roam the internet fueling my homosexual fantasies about other mens' masturbatory habits

No reason why not, it's got cracking potential if it is taken seriously. IIRC the prize pot for the 9s is about £300K while the prize fund for winning the minor premiership is $100K and the major is about $500K.

The only drawback is going into the season with injuries because of it. 2 ACLs possibly done in one game, 3 months our for a shoulder injury etc. Can you imagine how Jose would react if he lost someone to a pre-season tournament like that.

This happened on the late 80's didn't it? Some weird competition at wembley. Short games, random teams. Seem to remember the mags getting beat off tranmere or something?

Can't remember what it wa called but it was shit.

This happened on the late 80's didn't it? Some weird competition at wembley. Short games, random teams. Seem to remember the mags getting beat off tranmere or something?

Can't remember what it wa called but it was shit.
Point is in the nrl it is all of the teams with most of the star players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back