FAO Trail outlaw people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I cannot remember if I have signed up for this, how do I find out?

It is a nice route Becs and it is nowhere near as extreme as the Penshaw 10k route.

Drop me a PM mate and will find out for you :)

Mate I cannot remember if I have signed up for this, how do I find out?

It is a nice route Becs and it is nowhere near as extreme as the Penshaw 10k route.

Yeh, nice route but not the beast that the P8 route is, the worst hill is actually one from the half marathon route, the short, steep one that cuts up from the viaduct to the pond in James Steel park....If I was doing the GNR this would be an idea last "proper" session before race day :)

Yeh, nice route but not the beast that the P8 route is, the worst hill is actually one from the half marathon route, the short, steep one that cuts up from the viaduct to the pond in James Steel park....If I was doing the GNR this would be an idea last "proper" session before race day :)

Sold!

I'll check if the bairn wants to do it when he gets home and sign up later on.

Thinking about it! Is it ok to run this and then do the GNR the week after, or would I be very silly to attempt that?!

I normally try & do a 10k a week or so before a ½ marathon as the start of my taper but I'm already doing 2 ½ marathons in September so I probably won't be this year.

Will be doing the Washington 10k, marshalled at Penshaw and was gutted not to be involved after doing it last year. Wanted to be one of those ever presents!

What a weekend, St Cuthberts Ultra was absolutely superb and everything we had hoped and dreamt it would be........The 100km runners were bussed from Melrose to Holy Island in the morning and started the race from the Priory at 8am. The sun was out, it was already warm and they made the fantastic journey across the Causeway to the Mainland......They then headed off road and through the countryside to Wooler where the run and games really started....The big hills start at Wooler and the next 20 miles to Morebattle is largely down climbing and descending some massive hills, running through forests and crossing the border from England to Scotland. By this time the runners who were doing the 47 miler had also entered the fray (Wooler to Melrose).

By the time many hit the last 10 miles it was late at night so the final section through the Eidon Hills was done in the dark and after a day of sun it also started to rain. This made the section really muddy and slow going but it didnt stop one guy getting down on bended knee at the top of the Eidons and popping the question to his future wife....Thankfully she said yes or it could have been a pretty grim last 7 miles ha ha....We also had our photographer Hippie Lee Nixon there (purely by co-incidence you understand) and he caught the moment.

The race turned out to be a real epic with the final runners getting to Melrose at 4am (just over 20 hours) but every single person had an absolute blast and we have had some amazing feedback.

Craziest moment of the day for me, courtesy of a lost runner I was thrown off a farmers quad bike half way down the side of a massive fell....Was taken up there as had no mobile signal and the brilliant farmer offered to take me up to the ridge of the hill as he knew you could get a signal. The quad bike was immense and we were up in stupidly fast time....He decided to show me just how quick we could get down, sadly we went slightly off track and he stuck the quad bike in a ditch with the two of us being catapulted over the handlebars at about 30 mph.....

Results available on our facebook page....Winning time just over 11hrs which for 67 miles on that course, in that heat is immense. The newly engaged lady had a great day and also took the first lady prize ha ha. Loads of photos will be added to the facebook page this week and if it sparks your interest then will post updates as to entries for 2016.......Entries for the Dark Skies at Kielder 2016 also likely to be opening soon with a likely date of March 26th (tbc)

There were a good few Ultra Virgins at the weekend, they did bloody awesome with some taking on St Cuthberts having never been over the 26.2 distance. They were bloody awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
**************St Cuthberts Way Ultra 2016************* Dark Skies Run 2016*********

The second running of this stunning Ultra Marathon race route will be on Saturday 16th July 2016. Entries will be opening on this Friday (31st July) with both 100km & 47mile distances available. Just like this year there will also be a team relay race option.

As if that isnt enough I can also announce we have secured the necessary permissions from our friends at Kielder and will be announcing the date for entries to open for 2016 Dark Skies Run in the next few days.

Hope to see you all there

Phill and Tim

******Washington 10k recce*******

The route has been revised and its an absolute beauty, we are doing a recce of it this Sunday at 9am, meeting at Biddick school for anyone interested whether you are going to race or not. No pacing issues as will regroup and I will be sweeping anyway

https://www.facebook.com/events/1676296095936975/

********Dark Skies accommodation and early bird price update*****
There is obviously just 10 days or so left to take advantage of the discounted early bird entry price for this race. With 6 months to go till race day we have already exceeded the number of runners in last years event with 90 people entering in the first 5 weeks. More than half of the 50 accommodations places we originally had are now gone too. If you do want to book accommodation then it is £20 per person but you must already be entered into the race to book your accommodation place. So far most rooms have been booked in groups of 4 as people have booked with friends or other club members but where people have booked as singles we are making up boys and girls rooms. The accommodation is modern, comfortable and warm self catered units with excellent shared kitchen facilities. It is situated 50 yards from the start finish area and about 100 yards from Kielder lakeside. With shared kitchen and Lounge areas there was a cracking post race atmosphere last year as the runners shared stories of their fantastic adventures under the Dark Skies while other sat outside staring up into the incredible night sky. If you do want to book then please direct message me via this page or email me on [email protected]
Looking forward to seeing you all in March

Phill & Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back