Fantasy Football

townboy

Striker
What are peoples plans for gw 18 an 19?

Not sure whether to use my free hit for gw 18 as I don’t want to sub players that have 2 games in gw 19. I am aware that there are other weeks where this is the situation... but could keep my wildcard for that. If I don’t use the free hit, I will probably be a couple of players short for gw 18.

Any advice / tactics would be gratefully received as I am currently bottom of our work league :oops:

I’ve been making preparations for using my bench boost in 19 and free hit in 18. I think there will be a circuit breaker now though.

I’ve been making preparations for using my bench boost in 19 and free hit in 18. I think there will be a circuit breaker now though.
Yeah, I have been trying to that. I finally got son and Keane in my team for tonight and low and behold, the game looks like being off. I think I am the kiss of death.

Avoid picking whoever I have selected, as they seem to mysteriously stop playing or scoring.

Similarly, start picking the ones I ditch because I get sick of them not playing, or being bit-part players week in, week out. Harvey Barnes being the latest one I jettisoned just before Christmas as Rogers only seemed to deem him worthy of a cameo appearance from the bench.

I used the first wildcard this past week to stack up on a good number of players with 2 games in week 19. Will free hit gameweek 18. I’ll save the second wildcard, bench boost and triple captain for future double gameweeks most likely. may use the triple captain if there is a standout candidate To use it on gameweek 19.

I’m not sure if this is ultimately the right way to go, for this is my first year playing and it seemed to me to be a logical way to use the bonuses.
Triple Captain and Bench boost for the double game week.
I Thought I read that you could only use 1 bonus per gameweek. Can we double up in a single week?

Last edited:
I used the first wildcard this past week to stack up on a good number of players with 2 games in week 19. Will free hit gameweek 18. I’ll save the second wildcard, bench boost and triple captain for future double gameweeks most likely. may use the triple captain if there is a standout candidate To use it on gameweek 19.

I’m not sure if this is ultimately the right way to go, for this is my first year playing and it seemed to me to be a logical way to use the bonuses.

I Thought I read that you could only use 1 bonus per gameweek. Can we double up in a single week?

You can only use one chip in a game week. You also lose any carried transfers if you use one.

FH 18 for me, as I don’t have many players that week. Was going to BB 19, but waiting to see if the season gets delayed etc. Not adverse to using TC that week, as Salah has two home games.

Everyone got an extra wildcard last year when the season stopped.

I just plan on being as shit as I have been for the previous weeks.

I was f***ing flying last season. Everything I touched turned to gold.
This season I'm bottom of my league about 100 points from second bottom and I've routinely changed and altered my team to suit. Nothings falling right, the useless c.unts. I think I'm at the give it up stage already this season with it

Dunno mate, was gonna try it anyways. Definitely using my Triple captain on the double game week though.

Triple Captain and Bench boost for the double game week.
Wasted mine on Salah against Sheffield Utd when he never got an assist let alone a goal. Now realise that’s what I should have done. To be honest, this is the first time I’ve bothered with fantasy football. After years of being disillusioned with football, due to being a Sunderland fan, it has got me interested in premier league footy again. I now have some interest in some of the random games and not just who is playing the mags.

only one chip per GW mate

Shit the bed this week with KDB, Dias, DCL and potentially Kane, Hojberg with Matip injured by the looks.
This.

Not for me like cos I shit myself and was desperate to claw points back after a bad start.

Triple captained Vardy and naturally, he didn’t score.
I lay claim to the worst triple captain ever mate

Mane last season- a Liverpool DGW. Off injured after 20 mins of the first game.

Last edited:
Think Liverpool and Man Utd have a double game week coming up shortly

Aye, that was my thinking too mate. Apparently you can’t use both chips, which is shite like. Triple captain it is.
Wasted mine on Salah against Sheffield Utd when he never got an assist let alone a goal. Now realise that’s what I should have done. To be honest, this is the first time I’ve bothered with fantasy football. After years of being disillusioned with football, due to being a Sunderland fan, it has got me interested in premier league footy again. I now have some interest in some of the random games and not just who is playing the mags.

I’m no expert like, just seemed like the logical thing to do to hopefully get maximum points out the chips.

Last edited:
Are there possible future double Game weeks? Is it worth saving the bench boost and triple captain until then or try to work it in now.

i thought I heard a rumor somewhere where there may be a double gameweek 26 or somewhere around that week due to the FA Cup.

Back