Fallout: New Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was mint me. Actually enjoyed it more than 3.
I think the mechanics of the game were a massive improvement, the story was new too rather than a rehash of fallout 1+2. The world was bland though and it was too easy to miss chunks of the game.

I have fallout 3 and NV on steam. May have to mod the shit out of them and have another play through.

playing as John Marsden's shitty kid really annoyed me and I didn't play ever again.
After John died I assumed I'd completed the game, although I was miffed at how it ended. 3 months later a mate told me about the final mission, which I completed the same day and ended up even more miffed as his son just comes across as a brokeback mountain cowboy.

Class game. On it's own it would have been a massive hit. Nowhere near as good as the original 3rd tho and I think that's why some felt a bit let down by it. Still a very good game and I love these games where you can just roam and do what the fuck you want with the map covered in allsorts of encounters and not just barren land with fuck all to do.

3 is my best game of all time so far. The World, the humour, the baddies, the items, the combat..everything was spot on.

For those that lost their saves, that's why you do rolling saves (or I do anyway) of 3-4 saves constantly.

:lol: fuck sake
i did say it was a spoiler

Class game. On it's own it would have been a massive hit. Nowhere near as good as the original 3rd tho and I think that's why some felt a bit let down by it. Still a very good game and I love these games where you can just roam and do what the fuck you want with the map covered in allsorts of encounters and not just barren land with fuck all to do.

3 is my best game of all time so far. The World, the humour, the baddies, the items, the combat..everything was spot on.

For those that lost their saves, that's why you do rolling saves (or I do anyway) of 3-4 saves constantly.
for me NV was huge but had rooms as a square box, nothing in them compared to Fallout 3

you can't blame gamers for that though, it comes down to the developers making a major fuckup.

Fortunately the DLC came out not long after I completed the main quest so I could use Fawkes to go into the reactor.

3 was really good but canny overrated as well. Far to much walking around in the sewers to get across the map as there are f***ing walls everywhere blocking your path.

Stuck about ten hours into it now and up to level 10
Missed out on a fair few quests because I don't want to get pally with the NCR. Gonna try get liked by the legion , the ones who crucify and torture folk.

Got some brotherhood lass tagging along who punches the shite out of everything, even deathclaws!

May we'll be asking you for tips then :lol:
Like where to get some decent bloody guns. Mine are like throwing shite at folk

Just play it, spoils it imo when people tell you where and what to do on a game like this where it's meant to be hard and then easier as you level. All the fun is in finding things just by mooching around.

I usually prefer games in the beginning where you have to watch what you are doing, they get too easy once you level up and not as fun.

I still remember trying to take out the big ants in Fallout 3 right at the start with a pop gun and limited ammo, what a fuck on and hated it at the time but it's one of the things that's stuck in my memory when I finally killed them all on my own doing as it was a bit of a challenge.

Just play it, spoils it imo when people tell you where and what to do on a game like this where it's meant to be hard and then easier as you level. All the fun is in finding things just by mooching around.

I usually prefer games in the beginning where you have to watch what you are doing, they get too easy once you level up and not as fun.

I still remember trying to take out the big ants in Fallout 3 right at the start with a pop gun and limited ammo, what a fuck on and hated it at the time but it's one of the things that's stuck in my memory when I finally killed them all on my own doing as it was a bit of a challenge.

I think on my first play of this I spent about 4 days trying to slowly edge my way past some death claws
Why in the 4 days I didn't jus try a different route is beyond me.

Just killed everyone in Novac in their bedrooms..then ate them....the town still loves me :lol:

Thinking of getting Fallout 3 GOTY £15 on play. Only other real open world RPG i have played is Skyrim which i love.

Reckon i should get it?

Thinking of getting Fallout 3 GOTY £15 on play. Only other real open world RPG i have played is Skyrim which i love.

Reckon i should get it?

100% yes if you haven't played it mate, the graphics are dated compared to skyrim though. It is only £8.99 on steam if you are a pc gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back