Votes: 6 8.0%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Frijj is a tosser

Votes: 29 38.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely pro-choice, but that article in the papers recently about the old woman who went to Dignitas because she was just fed up and didn't like modern life, was very difficult to read.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Society/article1396979.ece

I do understand that there is a risk that older people may not want to be a burden and you need very strict laws to ensure that vulnerable people are protected.

Its still very difficult to read, its behind a pay wall.....

During my research of the subject, I learnt that up until the late 60s it was illegal to attempt suicide in British law.

/QUOTE]

Although rarely documented correctly and most people still would record "commuted suicide" the correct term is "completed" as like you say it's not a crime.

I once thought that only daft ***** used the SMB but now I think that there are still a shed load of daft ***** who have a considered, valid opinion. Apart from Auntie Boots of course! :lol:

I work in Palliative care and have heard from a reliable source that this is going to happen. Discussions around how best to implement it are at an advanced stage in Westminster - the main discussion focussed on protecting the more vulnerable members of society. The Mental Capacity act has paved the way for some of this. Not sure how I feel about it though so didn't vote.

I've voted in support presuming that the final decision came from the person in pain rather than a know-it-all medical professional or a family member tired of caring for them.

its a hard one this for me like, when my lad was dying i don't know if i could have said " aye give him a jab" , this might sound ridiculous but when you are in that situation you cling on to every hope

I'm very interested in it , having seen the quality of life some people have when elderly during recent hospital stay and the stress it places on their family I don't want that for me and mine

I'm very interested in it , having seen the quality of life some people have when elderly during recent hospital stay and the stress it places on their family I don't want that for me and mine
its a different matter when you are faced with it mate, honestly

I'm pro choice provided there are appropriate checks & balances to prevent abuse.

I find it staggering that its ok to have an animal with terminal cancer put out of its misery but a human with an identical condition is forced to live to the bitter end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back