Embarrassment

Coeus

Striker
The one thing that the owner had going for him, at least in my eyes, was the on-pitch stuff was process-driven and highly ambitious in thought and strategy.

Today wasn't that, however it has come about, they're responsible for the shortest stint of a Sunderland coach in my lifetime, appointed a caretaker is effectively saying that they do not trust themselves after the mess they have made or have given up on the rest of the season and the cherry on the cake a player badly needed has gone elsewhere.

Not sure how they could have gone so wrong in the space of 2 months, two and a half years is more than enough for them to be aligned at the top, something they don't appear to be. Beyond embarrassed of them this evening.

The one thing that the owner had going for him, at least in my eyes, was the on-pitch stuff was process-driven and highly ambitious in thought and strategy.

Today wasn't that, however it has come about, they're responsible for the shortest stint of a Sunderland coach in my lifetime, appointed a caretaker is effectively saying that they do not trust themselves after the mess they have made or have given up on the rest of the season and the cherry on the cake a player badly needed has gone elsewhere.

Not sure how they could have gone so wrong in the space of 2 months, two and a half years is more than enough for them to be aligned at the top, something they don't appear to be. Beyond embarrassed of them this evening.
Why would I be embarrassed of someone else's fuck up?

Besides its better than persisting with something that clearly isn't working

Didn’t you want to stick with Lee Johnson?

I'm not asking you too, purely expressing my own feelings.

I certainly wouldn't have been against it.

They got that one right. Neil was brilliant for us.

They got this majorly wrong, they’ve corrected it. I’m not happy they sacked TM to appoint Beale, but I think it would have been worse to persist with him when it was clear it wasn’t getting any better.

I think they’ve made a mistake realised it very quickly and acted and to avoid repeating the error have given themselves time to take stock and make the correct appointment no one the fans want would take the job right now anyway they would want some of their own players in and a pre season with them.

They got that one right. Neil was brilliant for us.

They got this majorly wrong, they’ve corrected it. I’m not happy they sacked TM to appoint Beale, but I think it would have been worse to persist with him when it was clear it wasn’t getting any better.

Neil was great for us in the playoffs, anything else between him and LJ we can agree to disagree I'm sure.

I think all they have done today is cemented the fact that their process is more than capable of coming up with Sunderland's shortest-ever coaching period. There is no reason that doesn't reflect awfully on them.

It also takes a bigger person to say they’ve fucked up. Which in essence the club have done. Didn’t think they had the bollox to get shot but I’m glad they have.

I don't think to embarrassing to make a mistake, recognise it and try to put it right. Waiting until the end of the season isn't a bad thing, in my mind either; more choice.

It's more concerning that we are making so many poor decisions. We are in danger of looking unhinged. Time to get our shit together.

Neil was great for us in the playoffs, anything else between him and LJ we can agree to disagree I'm sure.

I think all they have done today is cemented the fact that their process is more than capable of coming up with Sunderland's shortest-ever coaching period. There is no reason that doesn't reflect awfully on them.

I’d certainly not argue they made a pigs ear of the appointment. I don’t think persisting with it would have helped in short or long term.

We were getting worse under him week after week. The players looked less interested too.

It also takes a bigger person to say they’ve fucked up. Which in essence the club have done. Didn’t think they had the bollox to get shot but I’m glad they have.

I think it more shows that they either had so little faith in their thinking, had so little stomach for fan disapproval or got it so wrong that their process and any further thinking requires doubting.

Last edited:

I disagree.
It's brave of them to make the change now before it's too late.

Back