Ekwah

He was playing well up until that moment got no idea what he was even taking that free kick there is a keeper and 4 defenders standing nexto the ball who ate more than capable of kicking the ball 5 yards to someone

Another over the top assessment of one of our promising YOUNG players, he's far from the finished article, of course he has to learn from his error yesterday.

Learning form errors is part of life. He has time to develop his technical side, decision making, tactical awareness, positioning, tackling etc .. that's where a lot of our players are at. You look at Hume and Niel for example, you can clearly see development in all parts of their games over the past two years, both physically and psychologically.

But one thing you can't teach or develop is desire. Hume and Neil have it. O'nien is overdosed on it and clarke, Ballard, Patterson etc... Look like good professionals. But Ekwah, I don't know, I like the lad, but he simply hasn't got that desire. Is it possible to change a human beings personality ? Does he want to change it ? Is he that bothered ? He looks like he enjoys life, sounds like a lovely lad when speaks, but he seems quite content with his input levels. He's played his entire life in reserve and u21 games, where there is less on the line and players have more time. He doesn't look at all interested in stepping up to the next level.

Just please get him out of the club.

I don't care about transfer fees. Just sack him.

The most lazy, lackadaisical player ever to player for Sunderland.

His brain moves at about 20% of the speed of a normal person, and only slightly slower than Antony Patterson's.

Yes he can have his moments on his left foot, twice a season maybe.

But the fact is he is f***ing shit. Beyond shit. A total liability.
Absolute f***ing shit conker you are

Just please get him out of the club.

I don't care about transfer fees. Just sack him.

The most lazy, lackadaisical player ever to player for Sunderland.

His brain moves at about 20% of the speed of a normal person, and only slightly slower than Antony Patterson's.

Yes he can have his moments on his left foot, twice a season maybe.

But the fact is he is f***ing shit. Beyond shit. A total liability.
What a load of absolute shite.

I just think yesterday showed what we are, with the current squad…. a decent if immature Top 10 Championship team.

The likes of Ekwah, Jobe etc are still kids and should still be coming through the squad but lack of experienced, hardened players means they’re in at the sharp end.

We were overrun by a bigger, stronger more savvy team. Isak alone cost about 6 times what our squad did.

We definitely need one or two senior players who can stamp their authority on a game and bring the young lads through.

Yesterday pretty much went the way I thought, personally I’m more pi$$ed off with the pathetic and appalling off field shenanigans than what happened on the pitch.

Defeat I can live with, bartering our club for a few quid in the bank by rolling over for the Saudi Select XI is a stain that will live long in the memory.

I thought he showed great mental fortitude after the clusterfuck, he could easily have fell to pieces, but you could see he wanted to make up for it.
Post the mistake he actually went up in my estimation.

I don't believe that tbf, he did the same the other week, stood outside the box with the ball for an eternity until it was taken off him.
I recall Dan Neil being caught in posession and losing the ball in dangerous areas several times, including one incident resulting in a red card. That was in 2022 and he has progressed since then and is beginning to look like a top end Championship player who may do ok in the Premiership.

I think it is woth sticking with Ekwah and let him develop. There have been Championship games this season where people on this board had him picked for MOTM.

Everyone here has said that and you must be the first to mention we need a lot more experience despite it not being 'the model'

We're not developing very well though, a number of players we signed don't seem to be progressing

These things take time and there will be players who are hit and miss. Just have to accept it really, the days of us signing ex man U players with experience are over

I hope to god that goal is going to boost the confidence and get him back to his earlier form where he was sublime. Pre injury Ekwah has looked shot so I pray that'll do the trick 🙏

Ekwah is a monster. If only he would make less mistakes in dangerpus areas in our own half, he would be absolutely class

He's a cracking player, remember this is only his first full season.
Wants to start showing it doesn’t he?

He’s a right lazy bastard and doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of quality required for him to stroll through games looking not arsed.

Another one that’s massively overrated.

Back