Ekwah

The least scary monster I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t run hard, doesn’t win headers, doesn’t use his physical attributes, doesn’t tackle.

He’s got a decent sideway pass on him and can hit the ball but like all our midfielders doesn’t affect games.

I suspect the club coaches think the same.
He’s shite mate. Absolutely f***ing shite.

Heart the size of a gnat.

I think he's a player who needs the right coach to kick him into life. The skills are in there, but he needs to show more energy and aggression and clearly we've not had coaches recently who are/were up to the task.

However he is NOT a defensive midfielder - too soft. He needs to play further forward.
This. To just fob him off as absolutely shite is the words of a tremendous whopper.

I think he's a player who needs the right coach to kick him into life. The skills are in there, but he needs to show more energy and aggression and clearly we've not had coaches recently who are/were up to the task.

However he is NOT a defensive midfielder - too soft. He needs to play further forward.
If anything, he should be playing in a much more advanced position where his shooting higher up the pitch could do some damage. At present his role as a distrubtor from the back is actually slowing us down in the same way Neil does. Neither of them are bad players but need to know what their roles are and what positive qualities they can use to affect our offensive play. The fact that Corry Evans will be straight back in on Friday tells you how much these players are lacking defensively. I'd give Ekwah a shot as a false 10 and play Neil slongside Evans for the transitions. Either way, they both need to toughen up considerably to reach a higher level.

If anything, he should be playing in a much more advanced position where his shooting higher up the pitch could do some damage. At present his role as a distrubtor from the back is actually slowing us down in the same way Neil does. Neither of them are bad players but need to know what their roles are and what positive qualities they can use to affect our offensive play. The fact that Corry Evans will be straight back in on Friday tells you how much these players are lacking defensively. I'd give Ekwah a shot as a false 10 and play Neil slongside Evans for the transitions. Either way, they both need to toughen up considerably to reach a higher level.
Agree with all of that.

Playing in a more advanced position wont fix his dire workrate nor his questionable desire. He is in dire need of what is colloquially known as a "good kick up the arse".

If he doesnt respond to said posterior pressure he needs to be gone before he inevitably continues his downward spiral and is worth bugger all. Shame as he has ability and weve seen flashes suggesting theres a player in there, notwithstanding earlier observations

Playing in a more advanced position wont fix his dire workrate nor his questionable desire. He is in dire need of what is colloquially known as a "good kick up the arse".

If he doesnt respond to said posterior pressure he needs to be gone before he inevitably continues his downward spiral and is worth bugger all. Shame as he has ability and weve seen flashes suggesting theres a player in there, notwithstanding earlier observations
He's capable of being excellent in games. He was brilliant at the back end of last season, and superb in the home leg v Luton - he put himself about. Now he plays with all the urgency of someone who he thinks a 36 year old Andrea Pirlo, walking through matches and refusing to break a sweat. He's nowhere near good enough on the ball to be that lazy.

He's got potential to be a real presence and get around the pitch, but most of the time he looks lethargic and flimsy.

He's capable of being excellent in games. He was brilliant at the back end of last season, and superb in the home leg v Luton - he put himself about. Now he plays with all the urgency of someone who he thinks a 36 year old Andrea Pirlo, walking through matches and refusing to break a sweat. He's nowhere near good enough on the ball to be that lazy.

He's got potential to be a real presence and get around the pitch, but most of the time he looks lethargic and flimsy.
He reminds me of Ian Porterfield who took a while to win the fans over. He suffered the same comments, can't head the ball, slow, weak as piss. Could he push himself into contention in the same manner, who knows. The basic talent is there, it's down to him to find the drive to succeed.

Ekwah came back from injury into Beale's side.
Despite his reputation as a good coach, I think all of our midfielders suffered from Beale's static midfield tactics. He was so focused on shape he coached the movement out of them.
Under a new coach Ekwah will improve again.

There's a player in there. Just needs to start doing the simple things. Things that are in his reach. When he winds up for that Hollywood switch you just know he's either going to shank it or lash it over the intended targets head. Cattermole was exactly the same.

Just please get him out of the club.

I don't care about transfer fees. Just sack him.

The most lazy, lackadaisical player ever to player for Sunderland.

His brain moves at about 20% of the speed of a normal person, and only slightly slower than Antony Patterson's.

Yes he can have his moments on his left foot, twice a season maybe.

But the fact is he is f***ing shit. Beyond shit. A total liability.
I think he is a good player but needs to be more aware and awake when on the field. both him and Neil have the ability to pass the ball long and spread the play, but it hardly ever happens, it look like that has been coached out of them. I say, give him more time in the hope experience and a good coach can wake him up a bit.

Very talented, which is going to be completely wasted as he has no interest in playing football. Haven’t seen a lazier player.

He reminds me of Ian Porterfield who took a while to win the fans over. He suffered the same comments, can't head the ball, slow, weak as piss. Could he push himself into contention in the same manner, who knows. The basic talent is there, it's down to him to find the drive to succeed.
Porter? You're having a laugh surely? The Leeds matchwinner was pure class man and with an incredible winning mentality like the little general. Ekwah is nowhere near and in all honesty couldn't hold a candle to either of them.

Really struggled since his injury lay off. Seems more an issue of attitude and application imo, as he's shown he has something about him. He's too nice on the pitch and needs a bit anger and steel about him.

Just please get him out of the club.

I don't care about transfer fees. Just sack him.

The most lazy, lackadaisical player ever to player for Sunderland.

His brain moves at about 20% of the speed of a normal person, and only slightly slower than Antony Patterson's.

Yes he can have his moments on his left foot, twice a season maybe.

But the fact is he is f***ing shit. Beyond shit. A total liability.
I defend the right of free speech … even though it can and does expose me to utter nonesense.

Back