DSLR Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the photo boffins on here recommend anywhere?

I've got an old Canon Digital Rebel XTI/400D with broken pins in the CF card slot.

I've had a look on eBay and I suspect that buying another might actually be cheaper than getting it repaired.

I got my elderly Canon 300d's CF pins repaired about 3 years ago for about £60 fom ebay - but now I'd say just buy another cheap body off ebay ....and I think newer Canon's don't just use CF cards now? - you can also utilise SD cards now which is much safer!

Sell the body on ebay for spares / repairs and buy another more upto date model second hand.

I've got an old Canon Digital Rebel XTI/400D with broken pins in the CF card slot.

I've had a look on eBay and I suspect that buying another might actually be cheaper than getting it repaired.

It's quite easy. Take a needle and cut off the last 4 mm including the head. Put it in the compact flash card in the hole where the missing pin fits. Repeat for every broken pin. And, hey presto, it's working. Hope this helps.

It's quite easy. Take a needle and cut off the last 4 mm including the head. Put it in the compact flash card in the hole where the missing pin fits. Repeat for every broken pin. And, hey presto, it's working. Hope this helps.

How do I get that kind of access to the CF slot?

Also how do I cut something with a needle?

I took it Charles Eagles a couple of years ago and (someone else picked it up for me) when I got it back, I just got a receipt saying 'estimate refused' on it.

The pins are canny fucked

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
How do I get that kind of access to the CF slot?

Also how do I cut something with a needle?

I took it Charles Eagles a couple of years ago and (someone else picked it up for me) when I got it back, I just got a receipt saying 'estimate refused' on it.

The pins are canny fucked

Logon or register to see this image

How on earth did you manage to do that????

How on earth did you manage to do that????

In the stupidest way possible. I wasn't paying attention when putting the CF card in and went to push it in. It was in the wrong way round and, er, snap.

It's been sat in storage in this state for a good few years now, haven't had reason to use it, but I fancy getting it fixed and putting it to use.

Exactly the same thing happened with our work camera - same model, known issue.

The repair would've cost more than they sell for on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back