Death Penalty Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to support the death penalty for terrorists but then I realised it just gives them what they want, a platform and martyrdom.

The death penalty achieves nothing other than freeing the state from the economic requirements of keeping prisoners that cannot and/or should not be rehabilitated and released back into society.

There's an argument for executing serial killers, paedophiles, rapists etc who are a clear and present danger to society even if 'reformed', though.

I was reading that yesterday somewhere, shocking really.

North Korea went had a right purge in 2010 compared to other years, wonder what went on.

US are doing less than 40 a year then. not that many really and you know the ones they are doing will be amongst the worst and sickest criminals going. I used to be in 2 minds about whether the Uk should have it but at the end of the day if someone murdered , raped etc etc or whatever my kid or member of my family Id want to see the culprit swing. We definitely need tougher sentences in this country if nothing else.

US are doing less than 40 a year then. not that many really and you know the ones they are doing will be amongst the worst and sickest criminals going. I used to be in 2 minds about whether the Uk should have it but at the end of the day if someone murdered , raped etc etc or whatever my kid or member of my family Id want to see the culprit swing. We definitely need tougher sentences in this country if nothing else.

Aye but Phil, you know very well that justice cannot be served on the basis of personal relationships with someone. Every case should be dealt with as objectively as possible.

I'd want to murder someone who hurt someone close to me but that doesn't mean they truly deserve the death penalty

Aye but Phil, you know very well that justice cannot be served on the basis of personal relationships with someone. Every case should be dealt with as objectively as possible.

I'd want to murder someone who hurt someone close to me but that doesn't mean they truly deserve the death penalty

thinking about things from a personal perspective will give you an insight into your real thoughts on the subject imo.

I'm not that keen on the death pelanty, but murderers and rapists and that should have nooses installed in their cells, just in case they decide to do the world a favour.

It'll give you a perspective founded on emotion. Do you think law should be based on emotion ?
no but its easy to be dismissive when it doesnt affect you. should convicted killers really be walking our streets enjoying themselves after serving 10 years in prison? its f***ing madness.

no but its easy to be dismissive when it doesnt affect you. should convicted killers really be walking our streets enjoying themselves after serving 10 years in prison? its f***ing madness.
I'm not being dismissive at all Phil, i just don't think law based on emotion is a good premise for law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back