day/night test cricket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

They blatantly don't, it isn't dark until after Tea. That's less than a session. Isn't it?

Yeah it's total dark for about 2.5 hours but they'd have been off long before that

That's not really an issue like it's just whether you see it as test cricket

hell on over here now as last night the aussies had to put their team masseur on to field as a replacement for starc... he was fielding at mid-on and let the ball go through him which cost 3 runs.

the 12th man and another spare were released to play sheffield shield cricket and there was no other 1st grade cricketer available. the same lad also fielded as a replacement on the first day of play (he also plays/played for the victorian 2nd eleven).

after the incident the commentary team were talking about it (having the masseur fielding) and one of them said "you'd think he'd have good hands..." :lol:

Big success that I'd say. If they can make that work in India then it could be huge.

I'm like most on here, massive traditionalist but outside England and Oz the interest isn't as big, need to try these things

I just hope people don't just jump to a conclusion, it requires several games to see how it pans out. This one has been great for getting fans in but maybe not so good for the proper balance between bat and ball. What happened may be a one off, more games needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back