Dan Neil injured

Wharton is a very good passer . Takes risks and wants to play forward all the time . Neil is a very good player but under pressure he’s not as good at receiving it or passing it forward as well as Wharton .
Dan Neil is more accurate over short, medium and long distances. More passes into the final third. More progressive passes. More shots created from passes in open play.

Wharton's a good player, I rate him. Neil is currently a better passer*

*Marginally and it may change in future

Dan Neil is more accurate over short, medium and long distances. More passes into the final third. More progressive passes. More shots created from passes in open play.

Wharton's a good player, I rate him. Neil is currently a better passer*

*Marginally and it may change in future
Do the stats tell you how quickly he does it or where he his when he gets it . Wharton is better than a good player

Do the stats tell you how quickly he does it or where he his when he gets it . Wharton is better than a good player
Yes you can see where they touch the ball broken up by both boxes, then thirds of the pitch. So 5 areas in total.

I think he’s good. Probably comes down to how you define “good” which will be a personal / semantics thing. He’s not “very good” or “great” (yet), nor is Neil

Last edited:
He was outstanding at Anfield last week
He’s an outstanding young player
Yes you can see where they touch the ball broken up by both boxes, then thirds of the pitch. So 5 areas in total.

I think he’s good. Probably comes down to how you define “good” which will be a personal / semantics thing. He’s not “very good” or “great” (yet), nor is Neil
Not trying to be difficult here but it doesn’t tell you how quickly he moves it forward and how he much pressure he’s under when he gets it . Blackburn should have hammered us at their place and the way they passed it quickly and forward was superb

Last edited:
Not trying to be difficult here but it doesn’t tell you how quickly he moves it forward and how he much pressure he’s under when he gets it . Blackburn should have hammered us at their place and the way they passed it quickly and forward was superb
Not being difficult at all.

One could divide touches by passes to work out how many touches per pass which would be helpful if you were interested in speed of action.

“Pressure” is trickier but you can also look at their dribbles and particularly the success of their “take ons” to look at how they do under pressure

He’s an outstanding young player

Are you Wharton’s dad? Six consecutive posts about how great he is, on a thread about Dan Neil, when nobody is even criticising Wharton.

I have been very careful to highlight how much I like Wharton. I’m glad it didn’t come across like I didn’t. He’s a good player & deserves a crack at the top flight
Yep. I also think he looks good from the limited amount I’ve seen of him. Looks like a different type of player to Neil too, so there’s only so much mileage in making a direct comparison.

It's a bizarre way of him saying he doesn't rate Neil. Look at his posting history on Neil
I’ll take your word for it.

It’s good to hear different points of view.

A few people seem uber keen to chime in whenever Neil is mentioned in a positive light, which is fine.

It’s just the repetition.

It's a bizarre way of him saying he doesn't rate Neil. Look at his posting history on Neil
No it isn’t . I think Neil is a good player . I think he’s very nice to watch . He is very inconsistent in the last third and sometimes doesn’t get his head up under pressure . Wharton is doing more against world class players where it is quicker and more physical

No it isn’t . I think Neil is a good player . I think he’s very nice to watch . He is very inconsistent in the last third and sometimes doesn’t get his head up under pressure . Wharton is doing more against world class players where it is quicker and more physical
You've probably watched Wharton no more than 5 times and formed an opinion that he's world class.

Neil was far better than him when we played them the beginning of the season

Back