Cricket World Cup 2015 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleem Dar

Striker
Get it started early.

I reckon England will spring a few surprises and be beaten finalists.

A lot of speculation that India could be the first team to break the 500 mark if they bat first vs the UAE. Would be interesting to see if they went for that. Although speaking of India, couple of injuries to key players on the eve of the tournament already.

Looking forward to seeing New Zealand as well.

Will the West Indies implode as expected?

Will any associate win a game?

Warm up match against W.Indies tomorrow although it looks like only the highlights are on Sky.

Somebody hoy up the times and dates England play

Can't be arsed to look
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 14TH 2015
MATCH 2, POOL A
PLAY STARTS: 14:30 LOCAL

ENGLAND
V
AUSTRALIA
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 20TH 2015
MATCH 9, POOL A
PLAY STARTS: 14:00 LOCAL

ENGLAND
V
NEW ZEALAND
Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

MONDAY FEBRUARY 23RD 2015
MATCH 14, POOL A
PLAY STARTS: 11:00 LOCAL

ENGLAND
V
SCOTLAND
Hagley Oval, Christchurch

SUNDAY MARCH 1ST 2015
MATCH 22, POOL A
PLAY STARTS: 11:00 LOCAL

ENGLAND
V
SRI LANKA
Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

MONDAY MARCH 9TH 2015
MATCH 33, POOL A
PLAY STARTS: 14:00 LOCAL

ENGLAND
V
BANGLADESH
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

FRIDAY MARCH 13TH 2015
MATCH 38, POOL A
PLAY STARTS: 14:30 LOCAL

ENGLAND
V
AFGHANISTAN
Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

group A is cleary the harder of the two groups. Group B is Pakistan, India, South Africa, Zimbawbe, UAE, West Indies.
In Australaisa conditions too. Neither Pakistan (Ajmal not included....YET!), West Indies (Narine not there) or India's bowling attacks look anywhere near half decent, especially in the conditions expected.

South Africa to win it for me (Amla and ABD to see them through). New Zealand dark horses. Engand, i'll just be glad if they even make it to the knockout stages.

group A is cleary the harder of the two groups. Group B is Pakistan, India, South Africa, Zimbawbe, UAE, West Indies.
In Australaisa conditions too. Neither Pakistan (Ajmal not included....YET!), West Indies (Narine not there) or India's bowling attacks look anywhere near half decent, especially in the conditions expected.

South Africa to win it for me (Amla and ABD to see them through). New Zealand dark horses. Engand, i'll just be glad if they even make it to the knockout stages.
I still can't see past Australia at home. Powerful batting lineup and a pace attack that will get wickets early

I still can't see past Australia at home. Powerful batting lineup and a pace attack that will get wickets early

Yeah you have to fancy Australia the way they have been playing and conditions to suit.

However from a purely betting point of view 2/1 is way too short.

India are 10/1 and although they have been playing poor of late,still have some quality one day players in their side.

England won warm up game vs West Indies by 9 wickets.

Bowled them out for 122. Woakes 5-19.

Knocked them off in 22 overs, with Ali getting 46 from 43.

I think this is good from an England perspective. They should come through the group despite how tough it is, and if they can avoid S.Africa in the Q Final they suddenly have a superb chance of making a semi final. Anything can happen from there.

Ireland got hammered by Randwick a Sydney cub side in their warm up match. They also had 7 county pros and Peter Chase in their side.

Randwick will be a good side coming from Sydney grade cricket. I reckon they'd give most affiliate nations a good game. Think Tim Murtagh was playing for them the year I was in oz.

Randwick will be a good side coming from Sydney grade cricket. I reckon they'd give most affiliate nations a good game. Think Tim Murtagh was playing for them the year I was in oz.
Spot on the standard of Sydney grade cricket is fantastic, but most of their players will be weekend club cricketers, playing a side l of full time pros and plenty who ply their trade in county cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back