Commentators / Pundits

All of them! I like a bit of commentator bias and you never really get it from someone with a bias, in a neutral setting

I actually find the commentators for the Championship on Sky are all very good (don’t even mind Hinchcliffe and Goodman), not like the egotistical wankers that do the Premier League and European stuff.

I actually find the commentators for the Championship on Sky are all very good (don’t even mind Hinchcliffe and Goodman), not like the egotistical wankers that do the Premier League and European stuff.
theres a chap who does PL now who used to do championship that I think is really good. I can’t stand the one who seems to be the main one now - awful

Sometimes its good just to let the footy do the talking, Brian Moore would often say nowt for ten seconds at a time.
Spot on, that's the problem with that Fletch dick on TNT, he never f***ing shuts up.
theres a chap who does PL now who used to do championship that I think is really good
Yep, great commentator. Been on Sky for years, think it's Rob Hawthorne.

Last edited:
Only ones I can get away with are the journos who get on with James Richardson on BT. Same ones that do the totally pod. Can’t stand a single co commentator on any channel otherwise.

But the point is that they don't have to talk non-stop for 90mins. We can see ourselves what's happening, it's much better when they shut up periodically and don't state the obvious. Also being judgemental - 'he really should have scored then...' - most of us have played and know how fast things happen. TNT have been worst most recently, their people spout shite unrelentingly.
Absolutely
Brian Moore , Davies, Motson , Parry and all of the old commentators never did
Even the likes of Big Ron , Keegan , Brooking and minimal input
Todays mob just talk and talk and fcuking talk

Agree, find them a lot better than the Prem game commentators, Peter Drury is hideous.

I don't mind Gary Neville but he hasn't half became a parody of himself and over exaggerates everything. He's always worried that there's something not quite right somewhere.

Back