Cole Palmer

A place on the plane is surely a given, it's just a question of fitting him in the team.

This is a temptation that must be resisted.

It’s incredible to have such depth and should Southgate pick the likes of Rashford ahead of him on the plane, he wants shooting with shit.

But we can’t be crowbarring all our best attacking players onto the pitch.

The front four is: Kane, Saka, Bellingham, Foden.

That is arguably the player of the season for Bayern, Arsenal, Real and City.

Is he better than them? Not for me, for all he is an outstanding talent.

We need two more defensively minded players behind that. Mainoo and Rice, almost certainly.

All comes down to who Gareth picks to sit alongside Rice. Bellingham can do the box to Box and then it’s between Palmer and Foden for the number 10. Saka and Gordon will be out wide although I’d go Foden left and Palmer central just to get them all in.
Not being funny but we're back to Sven's Golden Generation shoehorning everyone in here. Bellingham has scored goals for fun and is recognised as one of the best players in the world practically playing up front for Real Madrid, why would we play him as a box to box midfielder?

@City_Xtra
Cole Palmer will be allowed to leave #ManCity this summer, most likely on loan. While there was disappointment he did not impress as much as was expected this season, it is hoped a loan move will see him return 'more hardened' to senior football.

[via @CraigHope_DM]
Never heard of him but if he can play up front and will guarantee us 30 goals a season I would have him.

I think Rat Gordon will end up starting. Especially with Saka looking to cut inside, and Kane dropping deep.

Kane
Gordon Foden Saka
Rice Bellingham

Harsh on Palmer

Not being funny but we're back to Sven's Golden Generation shoehorning everyone in here. Bellingham has scored goals for fun and is recognised as one of the best players in the world practically playing up front for Real Madrid, why would we play him as a box to box midfielder?

Correct. People have short memories.
I think Rat Gordon will end up starting. Especially with Saka looking to cut inside, and Kane dropping deep.

Kane
Gordon Foden Saka
Rice Bellingham

Harsh on Palmer

Not a chance.

Kane
Gordon Foden Saka
Rice Bellingham

Harsh on Palmer
Absolutely not.
Nothing against Gordon because he's a talented player ( 🤢 ) but he only has two caps.

I wouldn't want to be in Southgate's shoes. He has one hell of a dilemna this Summer!!! Damned if he does damned if he doesn't!!!

Aye I was just about to post this. He starts behind Kane no matter what, he's the best player in the world at the moment in that position. Pick two players behind him that can allow him to do what he's best at.

This is a temptation that must be resisted.

It’s incredible to have such depth and should Southgate pick the likes of Rashford ahead of him on the plane, he wants shooting with shit.

But we can’t be crowbarring all our best attacking players onto the pitch.

The front four is: Kane, Saka, Bellingham, Foden.

That is arguably the player of the season for Bayern, Arsenal, Real and City.

Is he better than them? Not for me, for all he is an outstanding talent.

We need two more defensively minded players behind that. Mainoo and Rice, almost certainly.
We need subs though and he's currently the joint top scorer in the PL.

Kane
Gordon Foden Saka
Rice Bellingham

Harsh on Palmer
Is Grealish injured like?

Last edited:
I don't want to see foden wide. I don't want to see rashford involved at all. But Southy will have other ideas. I think we should go with

Foden, Rice and Bellingham
Saka, kane and Gordon as a front 3

As others have said we've got to avoid the temptation to play Bellingham deep alongside Rice. On paper it's a way to fit all our best players into the team but we tried that with the 'golden generation' & the balance was never right.
The papers will be all about Palmer tomorrow & rightly so but Gallagher was superb doing the dirty stuff to allow Palmer the freedom to play. I think they both may have played themselves onto the plane with that performance.

Back