Coin toss to be scrapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the way i read it, the give the option to bowl first to the away team, if declined they then have the toss.

or a blamange

Yes but what's not clear is when do they have to declare their teams. After the above decision is made surely otherwise the away team has an even bigger advantage.

Teams are handed over at the toss currently, I'd imagine at 10.30, the captains will still meet in the middle, swap teamsheets and then the away captain will either say "We'll have a bowl" or "Let's toss off."

Teams are handed over at the toss currently, I'd imagine at 10.30, the captains will still meet in the middle, swap teamsheets and then the away captain will either say "We'll have a bowl" or "Let's toss off."
Yes but it still means if the away team take up the option to bowl 1st they've chosen their team aware of this whereas the home team won't have that advantage. Don't suppose that's much of an advantage but had the original proposal stood where the away team could decide whether to bat or bowl they'd have been at a considerable advantage. Perhaps that's why they made the amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back