Celtic versus rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the stuff about Celtic in the PL is about the size of the club, not the squad. Their facilities, support, stadium, youth development etc. would match 3/4 of the league I expect - but it will never happen, nor should it IMO.

I don't know what their financials are like but if they can piss the league every year and do okay in Europe with journeymen, kids and foreign cheapos then they don't really need to spend more on a better squad.
How many of their players would get into our starting XI?

Had you of asked me before the game I'd have said the same :lol:

Bit hard to just write off 130+ years of history over the actions of a few people in a board room as much as it pains to me to say it.

It's irrelevant because if Celtic got in the PL, they would have a completely different budget than they have now.
But how of the current Celtic squad would get in our team?

Mismatch. Rangers are not looking ready to return to the top flight let alone challenge around the top end, makes sense with Hearts 16 points clear. Watched the game but it was poor entertainment for the neutral. From a Scottish point of view, even given the other semi was yesterday, the Hampden pitch, once fabled like Roker was an utter embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back