CC : Durham v Hampshire

i never really got this with the CC, yes i know theres chance of bonus points but after 3 days of nothing day 4 is a total waste, you arent getting a result, should have saved the away team the extra night in the hotel costs and just sent them home yesterday

What's been going on here? The weather in Chester Le Street over the last few days has been ok and this morning its glorious sunshine.

What's been going on here? The weather in Chester Le Street over the last few days has been ok and this morning its glorious sunshine.
its pissed it down overnight for the last few days - add in how much rain there has been over the last few months and its no wonder theres been no play.

i never really got this with the CC, yes i know theres chance of bonus points but after 3 days of nothing day 4 is a total waste, you arent getting a result, should have saved the away team the extra night in the hotel costs and just sent them home yesterday
They were on the Premier Inn saver rate so no refunds apparently or it would have

I'd prefer an extra 5 points if we can get it.

I agree, but then on the other hand there’s individual stats to play for even if a result isn’t going to be possible.

Someone could miss out on a record by a few runs / wickets that could have potentially achieved them if they did get on.

Then it might be someone else’s only appearance, or only wicket etc.

I suppose for the integrity of the sport you really need to try and play whenever possible

Another inspection at 12. Is there really going to be any difference in an hours time? Cricket doesn't help itself sometimes
i'd hope its because they think there might be play today, if there was minimal chance you'd hope common sense would come into it (but we know that often doesnt happen)

I agree, but then on the other hand there’s individual stats to play for even if a result isn’t going to be possible.

Someone could miss out on a record by a few runs / wickets that could have potentially achieved them if they did get on.

Then it might be someone else’s only appearance, or only wicket etc.

I suppose for the integrity of the sport you really need to try and play whenever possible
There is no I in team 😏

Back