Carlisle chairman blasts Premier League clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-offer-prizes-raffle-help-flood-clear-up.html

Carlisle chairman blasts Premier League clubs after only Everton and Sunderland offer prizes for a raffle to help flood clear-up
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...izes-raffle-help-flood-clear-up.html#comments
Carlisle United chairman Andrew Jenkins has blasted Premier League clubs for ignoring his ask for help when the club's Brunton Park stadium was flooded last month.

Jenkins, 79, claims he wrote to Premier League sides requesting prizes for an auction where the funds raised would have gone towards helping the clean-up.

Carlisle's FA Cup fourth round opponents Everton and Sunderland were the only ones that Jenkins heard back from.

Carlisle United chairman Andrew Jenkins claims Premier League clubs ignored his calls for help last month

League Two Carlisle's Brunton Park ground was badly affected by the floods across Cumbria last month.

My son held a dinner for the Cumbria Flood Recovery Appeal,' Jenkins said to The Sun. 'We made about £4,000 on an auction and about £14,000 altogether.

“I had written to a few clubs. The big London ones, large clubs in the North West, some much closer to home here, and even north of the border.'

'Sunderland sent three items, one of which was four tickets to their game with Man City. Everton sent some memorabilia to be auctioned and Rangers sent us something.

Carlisle said Sunderland also offered a prize to the raffle where funds raised would help with the clean up.

Carlisle, 11th in League Two, hope to spring an upset at home against Everton in the FA Cup on Sunday.

'But that was it. I was disappointed with some of the big clubs. They couldn't even send a shirt or something like that.'

Carlisle, 11th in League Two, welcome Premier League Everton to their ground on Sunday.

Although some people might say "well, they should manage their finances better" or "WHy should other clubs help them" etc etc.

I believe in times like this, richer clubs should try and help out the lower leagues - even if it is memorabilia or little prizes to help raise money. If all 20 teams in prem league offered something small, it could make a massive difference to any club, its staff, players, fans etc.

Just shows Sunderland's massive heart :cool:

find this very surprising, I personally have got 2 signed shirts of West Ham for charity things in the last few years with zero trouble at all
a shame on all clubs that didn't answer really

This quote from their forum made me chuckle...

"So he's wanting PL clubs to help cover Carlisle United's losses. Losses caused by his and Nixons complete ineptitude in running a football club. A bit bizarre to say the least!"

Good to hear,glad we've done something. The caring clubs......Us,Everton and,a club that gets a lot of abuse on here... Rangers.

Although some people might say "well, they should manage their finances better" or "WHy should other clubs help them" etc etc.

I believe in times like this, richer clubs should try and help out the lower leagues - even if it is memorabilia or little prizes to help raise money. If all 20 teams in prem league offered something small, it could make a massive difference to any club, its staff, players, fans etc.

Just shows Sunderland's massive heart :cool:

I'd tell those people that premier league clubs don't manage their finances very well either, fortunately for them though they get given huge chunks of money by Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back