Cannabis to be legalised in Germany from next month

You’ve already responded to this comment.

You ok?
Yes, sorry... I noticed that after I posted. It had been a long day and I was quite tired.
Spot on. The smoking spliff thing is as old hat as drinking a pint of Ale at the bar to current 19 year olds...its 'old man'. Modern cannabis users who have a healthy proactive government smoke without tobacco and in many cases eat the cannabis and don't smoke. So virtually no side effects. 50% of the UK prison population committed their crime while drunk. Madness to compare the two.
It's the "virtually no side effects" bit that is most worrying. You appear to have convinced yourself that cannabis is not harmful. This country needs to work far harder with education, particularly if cannabis ends up being legalised.
Was that quote not in response to a condescending "But you know best..."? based on you having a few conversations in Germany about something I am actually prescribed by a medical professional? Again, there is very little logic or ability to follow your own argument. If that is what you class as being 'slated', then you would have to concede you've slated me multiple times already with little condescending and passive aggressive replies, or are just very sensitive.

I've noticed when you struggle to debate points, you seem to just disregard the entire message and look for a way to deflect. I don't see why you've bothered engaging at all. I've been respectful and open to debate points you've made, whereas you've looked to deflect and shut down debate, often with passive aggression, sarcasm or condescension - only looking to reignite it when somebody points out that is what you're doing.

Have a good day. Hopefully you don't feel too sore from being intellectually manhandled by a load of stoned people in this thread :).
I hold my hands up and admit barbed comments from me (or anybody else) are not constructive. It just becomes tiresome to have to repeat oneself over and over again.

I'm not sensitive at all to posts on a message board from anonymous people. That's water off a duck's back and as soon as I put my phone down I return to the real world and don't give it a second thought. If I actually knew the posters or they knew me, and I therefore cared about their comments, I may perhaps feel a bit different.

I have engaged throughout this thread and some of the responses have been defensive and I have been a bit accused of 'being all over the place' and not being logical. I obviously disagree but each to their own like.

Have a good day too. I don't feel sore at all, and so long as they're not driving afterwards then I have no issues at all with them being stoned.

Last edited:

People forget (or don’t realise) that it is harmful. I also would have brave reservations about the number of stones drivers on the roads.

Is life really that boring and sad for some folks that they need to turn to drugs to make them feel better? I’d prefer more efforts were put in place to feel good from exercise for example.
I love putting aside a few hours to sit and listen to music and having a smoke, its phenomenal. After I've exercised mind, never before.

Well I've just learnt that creosote is banned. :cry:

It's a wonderful substance when used correctly and not abused.

Hmmm .....

Anyway, what about Jeyes' Green Fluid? Is that banned too, or are responsible adults still allowed to use it?

Yes, sorry... I noticed that after I posted. It had been a long day and I was quite tired.

It's the "virtually no side effects" bit that is most worrying. You appear to have convinced yourself that cannabis is not harmful. This country needs to work far harder with education, particularly if cannabis ends up being legalised.

I hold my hands up and admit barbed comments from me (or anybody else) are not constructive. It just becomes tiresome to have to repeat oneself over and over again.

I'm not sensitive at all to posts on a message board from anonymous people. That's water off a duck's back and as soon as I put my phone down I return to the real world and don't give it a second thought. If I actually knew the posters or they knew me, and I therefore cared about their comments, I may perhaps feel a bit different.

I have engaged throughout this thread and some of the responses have been defensive and I have been a bit accused of 'being all over the place' and not being logical. I obviously disagree but each to their own like.

Have a good day too. I don't feel sore at all, and so long as they're not driving afterwards then I have no issues at all with them being stoned.
yes there are some side effects to some people. that will always be the case. Some people chemically can not take substances or they end up a risk to themselves or others.

Back