Callum Styles (now signed on loan)

When is he back? From the admittedly little I've seen of him he looks decent at Lb/tidy & industrious in the middle but definitely not the out & out DM we so desperately needed. It's midfield where we're struggling, Neil needs some help in there because Ekwah & Jobe just don't do enough over 90 minutes. I think we can only afford to carry one of them not both, either Styles or O'Nien need to come into the middle to help Neil then play with just one of Ekwah/Jobe.

When is he back? From the admittedly little I've seen of him he looks decent at Lb/tidy & industrious in the middle but definitely not the out & out DM we so desperately needed. It's midfield where we're struggling, Neil needs some help in there because Ekwah & Jobe just don't do enough over 90 minutes. I think we can only afford to carry one of them not both, either Styles or O'Nien need to come into the middle to help Neil then play with just one of Ekwah/Jobe.
Beale said in the Press conference this morning that he could possibly make the bench tomorrow

Think he is going to be a surprise package between now and end of the season.

Hope so - having both Jobe and Ekwah in the same midfield three just doesn't work. They don't have a big enough presense off the ball. It worked better under Mogga because we had so much posession, but when we play more direct we leave so much space in the middle because they don't fill it.

I think it's just their style of play, and I don't blame them for it; on the ball they're proven to be good players, but they need grafters around them. Not sure if that's their experience/age playing a factor too, but we're desperate for someone else to step in against teams where we aren't expected so much possession.

Makes it even more stranger that Matete has went to Oxford and has featured in every game for them since.

Is the "option to buy" a formality to get around budgets but likely agreed we will be buying him in the summer?

Similar to that of Max Power who signed on an initial loan?

Back