Buttler and Ali

• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Stokes should be in the team as the (slight) deficiencies he may have with the bat are made up for tenfold with the ball. Also, as Rentaghost says, his rate can get you impetus.

My point was more to say that Id back, say, James Taylor ahead of him if I had to go for a bloke purely on runs at 6 rather than all round contribution to the team.

I'm not too sure mind. The step up to test match cricket is massive and Stokes looks quite at home there. I don't think there's any guarantee Taylor would and it seems a succession of different coaches have felt the same. I guess you never really know until you get that chance.

I'm not too sure mind. The step up to test match cricket is massive and Stokes looks quite at home there. I don't think there's any guarantee Taylor would and it seems a succession of different coaches have felt the same. I guess you never really know until you get that chance.

There's a massive obsession with Taylor on this board, I'm not really sure what it's based on

It comes across that I don't rate him which is not the case mind

There's a massive obsession with Taylor on this board, I'm not really sure what it's based on

It comes across that I don't rate him which is not the case mind

Its probably based on his first class record over a long period. He has certainly earned a shot but there no guarantee he would do well. Sometimes players that have spent too long in county cricket like Taylor don't succeed because they have ingrained habits and find the adjustment difficult - not saying it is the case with him.

Its probably based on his first class record over a long period. He has certainly earned a shot but there no guarantee he would do well. Sometimes players that have spent too long in county cricket like Taylor don't succeed because they have ingrained habits and find the adjustment difficult - not saying it is the case with him.

I've got nothing against him and he will get another chance and I have no doubts he will take it

Just trying to quash the theories he's been massively mistreated, maybe in the one day stuff yeah but I think the lads who have played Ahead of him in test squad are fair enough picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back