Boss expecting you to stay back every night to clear work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess where I come from is the small business side, where there aren't endless managers, no such thing as annual bonuses and certainly not the trappings that a lot of employees seem to assume come with running a business.

Some, though, seem to believe that every employer is someone who sets out to belittle/screw the workforce in any way possible, whilst extracting every last piece of profit for him/herself, instead of appreciating that they too are human beings who want to do what they think is right for all concerned (their company, their employees, their families and themselves) normally in that order.

Hey, though, let's not allow rationality to enter into "perceived" political/class warfare!

Logon or register to see this image

Spot on. There is completely a them v us mentality. I lost a very good friend after I employed them as a favour because she thought it ok to rip off my company. In her eyes she wasn't ripping me off, no she would never do that, she was ripping off the company. My company. Because of that I have probably developed a trust no-one mentality (them v us I guess).

Some, though, seem to believe that every employer is someone who sets out to belittle/screw the workforce in any way possible, whilst extracting every last piece of profit for him/herself, instead of appreciating that they too are human beings who want to do what they think is right for all concerned (their company, their employees, their families and themselves) normally in that order.

Hey, though, let's not allow rationality to enter into "perceived" political/class warfare!

Logon or register to see this image
Spot on, I've tried to get over on threads about unions etc before that SME 's are the backbone on the British economy and employ far more than any other organisation both private and public.Running small business can't be compared to the likes of Starbucks , Google , sports direct when it comes to profit or employee contracts etc.
Small businesses are generaly more family orientated and thus usually requires a more give and take attitude from both parties.
Some employees that come from big industries and companies don't accept its different when they work for the smaller guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back