Bojan

• Thread starter Deleted member 21024
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads, if he's as class as some of you are making out wouldn't you think he'd be chased by teams better than Stoke/Sunderland?

He's sitting in the same bracket as Arnautovic. He has obvious talent but has lost his way. Marko came in and was superb and got better throughout the season. We took a calculated risk at 2.5M on him. Bojan has cost us 3M and it's a similar risk.

To put it into context we hoofed 12M on a 30+ year old Peter Crouch, 5M on Dean Whitehead, 3M+ on Danny Collins etc etc so we can't really go wrong.

If it works out we've got a class player on our hands. It if doesn't then he walks away having cost us a 'standard' fee.

He's sitting in the same bracket as Arnautovic. He has obvious talent but has lost his way. Marko came in and was superb and got better throughout the season. We took a calculated risk at 2.5M on him. Bojan has cost us 3M and it's a similar risk.

To put it into context we hoofed 12M on a 30+ year old Peter Crouch, 5M on Dean Whitehead, 3M+ on Danny Collins etc etc so we can't really go wrong.

If it works out we've got a class player on our hands. It if doesn't then he walks away having cost us a 'standard' fee.
Is that the end of you lot chasing Assaidi? Looked like he was really getting the measure of the league towards the end of the season.

Is that the end of you lot chasing Assaidi? Looked like he was really getting the measure of the league towards the end of the season.

Rumoured to be on 57k a week at Liverpool and John Percy, the Telegraph man who has a lot to do with Stoke has been quoted as saying that Stoke have been left 'stunned' by his wage demands. We are supposedly moving on to Nathan Redmond.

None too fussed with Assaidi to be honest. Massive wages rumoured on top of an initial 4.5M fee, rising to over 7M. Too expensive when he spent half the season out injured with a dodgy knee.

Rumoured to be on 57k a week at Liverpool and John Percy, the Telegraph man who has a lot to do with Stoke has been quoted as saying that Stoke have been left 'stunned' by his wage demands. We are supposedly moving on to Nathan Redmond.

None too fussed with Assaidi to be honest. Massive wages rumoured on top of an initial 4.5M fee, rising to over 7M. Too expensive when he spent half the season out injured with a dodgy knee.
Yikes. That's a wage and a half. Shows why it's going to be a 'bottom 13' for a fair while yet if Liverpool can throw that sort of money at a player who was never likely to make a breakthrough.

On a wider point, the fact that you are in exactly the same boat on FFP as we are (frees, penny watching with the odd splurge) - regardless of what the sad sacks on here like to drone on about - should insulate you from the worst of Hughes' tendencies when he's got big money to play with. Top of the bottom for you next year I reckon. Surprised you've survived this long without having to shift on one of your better players mind. Your move to a more passing philosophy will probably alter that in the next year or so, though. Premier league footy eh?

People thought the same with dos Santos and drenthe when they both ended up in the premier league. Both turned out to be shite

They have a class keeper in Begovic, solid centre backs in Huth and Shawcross. Erik Pieters is a highly rated full back and Bardsley whilst not amazing isa decent PLplayer.

Arnautovic and Bojan are their key forwards, Odemwingie has also performed well.

Their midfield is probably the weak link,similar to ours in that they are loaded with physical workhorses and lack a true playmaker,but Charlie Adam does a decent job.
When we have bardsley he's shite with a bad attitude and we need to get shot asap. When stoke have him he's decent! Ffs. If bardsley is ever playing in the top half of the league he's out of his depth

He was shit at Ajax like

Funny, 5/6 years ago someone on here compared Waghorn to Bojan in terms of ability. Waggy might end up having the better career yet!
Bojan has played games for barcelona, ac milan, roma and ajax

Waghorn wont even play against them ffs

Forgetting wages?

He may be a 2.5m signing, I bet his wages are a lot higher. Hes worth a gamble but id be amazed if he even starts 3 games in a row for you lot.

Stoke signing him from Barcelona. Shame we weren't in for him.
last time he was remotely good so was shearer
shall we ask him to get his predators out of the wardrobe?
he failed at barca and at every club he's been farmed out since
some of you lot are like bairns who want other kids toys even though they're broken

I'm not too sure how people can be writing him off as shite mind, obvious talent who has lost his way a bit. Similar to Giovanni Dos Santos when he went to Spurs, has recovered and has just had an excellent season in Spain and a good World Cup

I think Stoke were a decent side last season and have done some impressive work in the window so far, could be a good season for them

Signed for Stoke according to SSN.
Bit of a fall from grace really isn't it? What's with stoke signing all these barca rejects instead of ours these days too?!
None the less I think he would of done well under poyet & his style of play.
What do you lads think?

Signed for Stoke according to SSN.
Bit of a fall from grace really isn't it? What's with stoke signing all these barca rejects instead of ours these days too?!
None the less I think he would of done well under poyet & his style of play.
What do you lads think?

How is the job at Reuters?

I'm not too sure how people can be writing him off as shite mind, obvious talent who has lost his way a bit. Similar to Giovanni Dos Santos when he went to Spurs, has recovered and has just had an excellent season in Spain and a good World Cup

I think Stoke were a decent side last season and have done some impressive work in the window so far, could be a good season for them

Not sure that's a fair comparison. Dos Santos failed early on in his career because he liked to go out partying too much and didn't apply himself in training. Is Bojan the same? There were no signs last year that he was an obvious talent mind.

This is the SMB, every player has been wrote off as shite at some point, however he's failed in worse leagues surrounded by better players.

Bit of a fatuous comparison!
Arnatovic wasn't loaned to all and sundry and then sent back .
Bojan is 23 and to use the old joke has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back