Best TV reporters

I really like Secunder Kermani’s reports, previously from Pakistan and Afghanistan for the BBC and latterly from Ukraine, Gaza, Israel, anywhere really for C4 news. He seems to be well in with good sources and gives objective analysis of complex situations.

Honourable mentions also to Lindsey Hilsum who always appears very serene and dignified but again cuts right through to the chase in her reports.

Politically I think Chris Mason is growing into his role replacing the dreadful Kuenssberg, really putting his own character into his reporting and the grand dame of them all is the big VD herself, Victoria Derbyshire. We definitely need her to replace the frankly awful Bruce on Question Time.

Lyce Doucet knows her stuff but her voice and accent brings me out in hives so I’ll go for the erstwhile Jezza Bowen.
Agree on both (all?) points.
Katya Adler is fantastic. Apparently we were at university in Bristol at the same time but sadly never met.
My missus is a big Katya fan. Her mouth is a bit wide for my liking. Nowt to do with her reporting admittedly but it’s a distraction whenever she’s on for me.

Last edited:
Think Jeremy Bowen is vastly knowledgable about all things Middle East, and seems happy to go into some frighteningly dangerous places
He’s the natural successor to John Simpson.

Just seen Lyse on the BBC just now and realise she looks like she could be Renée Zellweger’s mam. Add that onto the voice and she’s got a lot of ground to make up with her reporting skills.

My missus is a big Katya fan. Her mouth is a bit wide for my liking. Nowt to do with her reporting admittedly but it’s a distraction whenever she’s on for me.

Has a perfect set of teeth, much much better than most female reporters that have been mentioned.

Back