Belfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Ted

Striker
Away to Belfast for the weekend with the lads next Friday, Never been, Any recommendations of good boozers and places to avoid? :lol:

Not that long ago parts of it were still 'no-go' areas for anyone from the mainland.

Know a lad whose brother lives in Southern Ireland, working for Sky. In 2004 there was a massive robbery of Ulster Sterling banknotes committed in Belfast - allegedly by the IRA. He got sent up to Belfast in his outside broadcast van - Big satellite dish on top. loads of electronic gear in the back - along with a cameraman and an Irish TV reporter (young lass).

They were meant to interview some IRA bigwig and quiz them about any paramilitary involvement. After driving up and down some streets in Belfast for a while looking for this blokes house, he noticed the same car had been following them for a fair amount of time. Eventually, the car overtook him, blocked the road in front of the van, and two blokes got out, one openly carrying an Armalite rifle.

When the reporter got out to speak to them, the rifle was pointed at her head and she was instructed in no uncertain terms to remove herself and the van from the immediate vicinity.. White as a sheet, she got back in the van and shook her head to tell the lad driving not to speak - f@@k knows what would have happened if they'd heard his English accent, especially with the van full of what could possibly have been electronic surveillance gear.

Sh@@ting himself, he reversed out of the street,in the process breaking the land-speed record for a long-wheelbase Transit van in reverse.

He still watches what he says in certain parts of Northern Ireland to this day.

I broke down on Falls road on my way to a Dog Show, the van had English plates and as it was a hot day had to get out to open the doors to make sure the dogs had plenty of air.

Quite a crowd gathered with a few obscenities being said, when all of a sudden this old guy appears, tells me to sit in the van and he'll make sure nothing happens to me or my dogs.

Nothing did happen other than a couple of his mates got the van going again for us. Turns out the old fella was good friends with one of the committee members of the Dalmatian Club show we were heading to - hate to think what would have happened otherwise.

Suposed to be a brilliant city, im planning on a weekend next year. Take one of the taxi tours if your into the history they look class.

It's a great place to visit. Majority of the people are fantastic and try to promote their city, you might get a few who are hostile but they are just thundercunts wanting to go back to the past.

Not that long ago parts of it were still 'no-go' areas for anyone from the mainland.

Know a lad whose brother lives in Southern Ireland, working for Sky. In 2004 there was a massive robbery of Ulster Sterling banknotes committed in Belfast - allegedly by the IRA. He got sent up to Belfast in his outside broadcast van - Big satellite dish on top. loads of electronic gear in the back - along with a cameraman and an Irish TV reporter (young lass).

They were meant to interview some IRA bigwig and quiz them about any paramilitary involvement. After driving up and down some streets in Belfast for a while looking for this blokes house, he noticed the same car had been following them for a fair amount of time. Eventually, the car overtook him, blocked the road in front of the van, and two blokes got out, one openly carrying an Armalite rifle.

When the reporter got out to speak to them, the rifle was pointed at her head and she was instructed in no uncertain terms to remove herself and the van from the immediate vicinity.. White as a sheet, she got back in the van and shook her head to tell the lad driving not to speak - f@@k knows what would have happened if they'd heard his English accent, especially with the van full of what could possibly have been electronic surveillance gear.

Sh@@ting himself, he reversed out of the street,in the process breaking the land-speed record for a long-wheelbase Transit van in reverse.

He still watches what he says in certain parts of Northern Ireland to this day.

I would imagine something similar happening anywhere if a reporter was going to be asking questions about a gangs supposed involvement in one of the biggest bank robberies in history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back