atmosphere yday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokes support was garbage like. Generic premier league song book barring a couple of their own. Oddly there was a little group of about twenty bairns separated from rest acting like complete helmets

It was fantastic
I came away from that match really thinking WE had done something incredible that day.
I think Andy Reid had pulled it back to 2-1..THEN...Everyone fuming after Kenwyne sending off.

Second half with 10 men we f***ing battered them and could have won. When Keiran scored, Jesus Christ man!!!

I came away from that match really thinking WE had done something incredible that day.
I think Andy Reid had pulled it back to 2-1..THEN...Everyone fuming after Kenwyne sending off.

Second half with 10 men we f***ing battered them and could have won. When Keiran scored, Jesus Christ man!!!

People who say crowds dont make a difference were proved wrong that day. Really thought we would go on to get the winner as well.

Anyone else notice that Butland turned round & applauded the South Stand at the end yesterday at the same time M'Vila & Kaboul were coming over to throw their tops in the crowd.
I think that says something about what the players thought of the atmosphere

People who say crowds dont make a difference were proved wrong that day. Really thought we would go on to get the winner as well.
Aye, me too

Anyone else notice that Butland turned round & applauded the South Stand at the end yesterday at the same time M'Vila & Kaboul were coming over to throw their tops in the crowd.
I think that says something about what the players thought of the atmosphere
I didn't. But I've got a bit man crush on Younis

very poor

Not surprising when you got such a hammering, most of your lot were gone by the end. If you mean Palace fans, it does all seem a bit contrived there, too much added music and ochestrated support. Don't know what they are like when they are celebrating, we never gave them any of the five opportunities that you did. Such mismatch games are never going to be tops for atmosphere like - better when it is teams within 10 places of each other.

Worst fans this season. Shit turn out, their only songs were about us, police involved at full time in their end and just generally being obnoxious. Genuinely worse than the mags.

Agree to a point.
The numbers were great but i'd say the atmosphere was tense rather than poor. It did pick up after the sending off when people relaxed a little.
I don't think miserable weather in the immediate lead up to the game helped as it seemed to put people on a bit of a downer.

That said, even when a bit flat its still a long way ahead of SJP. It looks like the penny is starting to drop for the glory hunters who tagged along for the Keegan era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back