Athlean-X

New Year, New Me blah blah blah.

This year I'm looking to properly start a exercise regime to get fitter, lose weight, add muscle and get to the gym more. To get rid of aches and pains and just generally be more healthy and fitter.

I've seen Athlean-X and I know a few people who have done it years ago.

It's got some AX-1 programme that looks alright.

Anyone on here done it? Is it any good? It looks decent and the guy doing it is really knowledgeable. So I'm looking to give it a stab but is it worth it?

I've used some of his stretches etc in the past, @Ned Land have you ever ran a programme by him?
Hi, Happy New Year!

Yes there is a free ‘beginner’ programme on YouTube.

I can paste the specifics if someone reminds me on Monday when I rev up the work laptop, but the basic structure is:

Warmup
Compound 3x5 e.g. bench
Corrective/general fitness/mobility

Jeff likes to do face pulls at the end of a workout for shoulder mobility so I’ve incorporated those into each of my gym sessions.

Hi, Happy New Year!

Yes there is a free ‘beginner’ programme on YouTube.

I can paste the specifics if someone reminds me on Monday when I rev up the work laptop, but the basic structure is:

Warmup
Compound 3x5 e.g. bench
Corrective/general fitness/mobility

Jeff likes to do face pulls at the end of a workout for shoulder mobility so I’ve incorporated those into each of my gym sessions.
Same to you, and wishing you all the best for 2024. Haha, he's massive on shoulder mobility isn't he? It's his shoulder stretches (band stretches but palms facing the sky to externally rotate your shoulders) that I use, my shoulder mobility is awful!

New Year, New Me blah blah blah.

This year I'm looking to properly start a exercise regime to get fitter, lose weight, add muscle and get to the gym more. To get rid of aches and pains and just generally be more healthy and fitter.

I've seen Athlean-X and I know a few people who have done it years ago.

It's got some AX-1 programme that looks alright.

Anyone on here done it? Is it any good? It looks decent and the guy doing it is really knowledgeable. So I'm looking to give it a stab but is it worth it?

Workout A:

1. 3D Lunge Warmup - 2-3 x 7 reps each direction

2. Barbell Squats - 3 x 5

3. Barbell Hip Thrusts - 3-4 x 10-12

4. Barbell Bench Press - 3 x 5

5. Weighted Chin Ups - 3 x 6-10 to failure

6. DB Farmer’s Carries - 3-4 x 50 steps with half bodyweight each hand

7. Face Pulls - 2 x 12 (using 12 sets of 1 mentality)

Workout B:

1. 3D Lunge Warmup - 2-3 x 7 reps each direction

2. Deadlifts - 3 x 5

3. Barbell Squats or Barbell Reverse Lunges - 3-4 x 10

4. Barbell OHP - 3 x 5

5. Barbell Rows - 3 x 10-12

6. DB Overhead Farmer’s Carries - 3-4 x 50 steps with one quarter bodyweight each hand

7. Face pulls

Last edited:

Back