Are Leicester really better than us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantillimon better than schmeichel? Have a word son.
Stopped reading at that.

Thinking that four, possibly more, Sunderland players would get into the best team in the country's team is properly deluded like.

I never imagined Ranieri would come back to the Premier League and do so well. I had him pegged as first man sacked.

When you see him interviewed though and the players interviewed they seem to have unity and togetherness that I haven't seen at Sunderland for a number of years. They work hard for each other respect the manager and play as a team rather than a collection of individuals. It makes your job a lot easier if you are happy in it and he's always smiling and laughing and joking. Seems to be reflecting well on the players and the fans.

I can't see their good run continuing as injuries and bad luck will catch up with them and the top 4 usually sorts itself out by Christmas. He's playing down expectations by stating survival is still his aim, which is a smart move on his part. They are safe bar the shouting and it isn't even December. The owner must be over the moon

You seem to be mixing up vardy's ability (and to a lesser extend Mahrez) with the rest of their team

You can't be top of the league with only one good player, otherwise Vardy would just be man marked out of games and Leicester would be figured out but that hasn't happened. The likes of Albrighton, Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez etc are not getting the credit they deserve from some.

You can't be top of the league with only one good player, otherwise Vardy would just be man marked out of games and Leicester would be figured out but that hasn't happened. The likes of Albrighton, Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez etc are not getting the credit they deserve from some.
I've already covered this in earlier posts to this thread. Vardy and Mahrez are the key, if you took them out they'd be about 10 positions lower in the league

You are completely missing the point like. Other than Vardy and Mahrez who are in the form of their lives, who would you take from that Leicester side? At the start of the season not many would've even taken either of those. We are massively overachieving they are massively underachieving. The spirit and attitude they are showing this season puts ours to shame and they are playing with confidence. That's the key difference.

If
You are completely missing the point like. Other than Vardy and Mahrez who are in the form of their lives, who would you take from that Leicester side? At the start of the season not many would've even taken either of those. We are massively overachieving they are massively underachieving. The spirit and attitude they are showing this season puts ours to shame and they are playing with confidence. That's the key difference.

Well I don't watch them every week, so I don't know (do you?). But I'd be willing to bet there'd be a fair few. You just can't get to the top of the league at this stage through sheer luck and effort.

I don't really watch them and I suspect neither do most people on here. But this has to be true...

I've already covered this in earlier posts to this thread. Vardy and Mahrez are the key, if you took them out they'd be about 10 positions lower in the league

True every team has key players but I also think if you put a few Sunderland players like Fletcher and Johnson in that Leicester team alongside Vardy and Mahrez then they would be much lower down the table as well because there other players like Drinkwater and Albrighton are also considerably better players than yours.

If

Well I don't watch them every week, so I don't know (do you?). But I'd be willing to bet there'd be a fair few. You just can't get to the top of the league at this stage through sheer luck and effort.
To be fair they are reminding me a lot of us under Reid when we were right up there at this stage of the season. Not the greatest side on paper but worked very well together and had Phillips scoring for fun.

True every team has key players but I also think if you put a few Sunderland players like Fletcher and Johnson in that Leicester team alongside Vardy and Mahrez then they would be much lower down the table as well because there other players like Drinkwater and Albrighton are also considerably better players than yours.
They'd be lower down because Johnson and Fletcher aren't in the form of their lives. If they were both at their absolute best, which considering the talent of those two, they probably wouldn't be far off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back