Anyone been to Prague recently ?

Bit of a niche option, but the European Sleeper train is extending its route to Prague if people fancy a different way of travelling there.

It has been doing the Brussels, Antwerp, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Berlin route. It’s adding Dresden and Prague now.

We did Brussels to Berlin in the summer - Eurostar to Brussels, then a couple of hours for a few beers and to load up on some beers and snacks for the joirney. A nice night on the train, waking up in Berlin.

If anyone likes pottering about places, rather than just a weekend break, it’s worth giving a go. A bit clunky and quirky, but a nice atmosphere and a good laugh.

Bit of a niche option, but the European Sleeper train is extending its route to Prague if people fancy a different way of travelling there.

It has been doing the Brussels, Antwerp, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Berlin route. It’s adding Dresden and Prague now.

We did Brussels to Berlin in the summer - Eurostar to Brussels, then a couple of hours for a few beers and to load up on some beers and snacks for the joirney. A nice night on the train, waking up in Berlin.

If anyone likes pottering about places, rather than just a weekend break, it’s worth giving a go. A bit clunky and quirky, but a nice atmosphere and a good laugh.
Only a trial run when it starts I think but it's a great option

Avoid eating/drinking in the touristy bits.
Get the bus then metro straight to town from airport.
Plenty of inedible food, their dumplings based meals are grim.
Not a greatcity for non meat eaters.
Cerveny Jelen -best restaurant.
We were there for a week last summer - bit of research and we had fantastic vegetarian grub. Class city. Botanical gardens worth visiting- make their own wine which was very good. Ferry up the river, drinking on barges, hopping on and off the trams - was a class trip.

We were there for a week last summer - bit of research and we had fantastic vegetarian grub. Class city. Botanical gardens worth visiting- make their own wine which was very good. Ferry up the river, drinking on barges, hopping on and off the trams - was a class trip.
Seriously you've been in the wrong place for veggie food 😂 the river stuff is rubbish aswell, the tram stuff is right if you have paid mind

Must have imagined what we ate then. And sitting on a barge supping ale while the sun went down over the castle, imagined that too. Thanks for keeping us right through.
No probs, veggie food is not good at all and no one but yanks and Chinese do the boat tours they're a tourist trap rip off 😂

No probs, veggie food is not good at all and no one but yanks and Chinese do the boat tours they're a tourist trap rip off 😂
I agree with him on the veggie and vegan restaurants mind. There are loads and the quality is very high. I’m veggie not vegan and I have eaten a lot of good stuff in Prague. I’m also there a few times a year. It’s probably equal distance as my closest big(ish) city level with Munich.

Barge stuff is a shite tourist trap though, agreed.

I agree with him on the veggie and vegan restaurants mind. There are loads and the quality is very high. I’m veggie not vegan and I have eaten a lot of good stuff in Prague. I’m also there a few times a year. It’s probably equal distance as my closest big(ish) city level with Munich.

Barge stuff is a shite tourist trap though, agreed.
I just find it all samey and shite for the veggie options - the missus eats rabbit food at times

I'm there every week it's just another city now - I remember when I used to like the place 😂

I just find it all samey and shite for the veggie options - the missus eats rabbit food at times

I'm there every week it's just another city now - I remember when I used to like the place 😂
I like going. Used to often have our big nights out there but it becomes very samey. Only so often I find Darlings interesting. I love it for a daytime session though.

I like going. Used to often have our big nights out there but it becomes very samey. Only so often I find Darlings interesting. I love it for a daytime session though.
Aye still good for an all day session - if the foots on a sat tea time we sometimes head through early then get the midnight train/bus home

Right, I get it that you are a regular and are bored of it. I’m the same with Seaburn sometimes. And we got the ferry up the river to the botanical gardens if that’s alright with you 🤔

Then you need to take her somewhere else rather than the Prague equivalent of Angus Steakhouse

Last edited:
Off with the Mrs (no) in a couple of months. Just wondered what the cost of beer, wine and food is and where are some eating and drinking places to frequent.
Any sightseeing we should be particularly looking at visiting ?
Went in september with our lass
Had a great time and nice to see after just being here for stag dos in the past.
Beer is ridiculously cheap - during the day stopping for a coffee or water, beer is cheaper , so it makes you drink beer when you maybe would like something else !
Don't mind pilsners but my favourite place to eat / drink was Pivovar a restaurace Vojanův dvůr | Pivovarská restaurace Vojanův Dvůr
They brew their own beers Inc a red and dark one which were smooth and lovely. Easily the best beers imo in Prague and a nice change from pilsners.
The bar is right next to the park with the dripstone wall round the corner from the castle which was worth a look too (the park with the dripstone wall).

I like my art and a local artist David cerny has some interesting things round the city - babies crawling up a tower and babies crawling in a park ,one called piss , a glowing embryo on a street corner and frank Kafka's head plus lots more - we saw most of them, just for something to do and give us a guide to walk round the city.

If you're there for a couple of days there is enough to see round the city with the castle / vyshrad and the really overrated clock!
. Our lass liked the alchemist museum (speculum alchemist?) which had tunnels and caves under the city.

If you're there for 3 days stuck for things to do and like walking get up the national memorial up vitkov hill (we got the metro which was dead easy to use to Florenc and walked from there, but it's walkable from the city anyway).(there is quite a bit of street art from zizkov to here which is something I used to do so look for it in most cities but realise it's probably not your thing !)..
The views from vitkov hill are superb - then a walk down past the zizkov tv tower to vyshrad (definitely worth a visit by the river) takes about 70 mins.

If youre there for 3 or 4 nights go to bohemia/saxon Switzerland if you like your national parks and see bastei bridge
Can get organised trips from Prague. 90/120 mins each way but a really great day trip.

Generally cheap to eat, deffo cheap to drink.
The Prague beer museums I found disappointing and wouldn't recommend for a drink. There were some nice bars down by the river from the walk from vyshrad to the dancing house hotel.

Last edited:
Cesky krumlov and kutna hora are good for a day trip visit, trains are cheap as chips and regular as clockwork.

If you're there for more than a weekend Brno and Olomouc are worth a look aswell

Went in september with our lass
Had a great time and nice to see after just being here for stag dos in the past.
Beer is ridiculously cheap - during the day stopping for a coffee or water, beer is cheaper , so it makes you drink beer when you maybe would like something else !
Don't mind pilsners but my favourite place to eat / drink was Pivovar a restaurace Vojanův dvůr | Pivovarská restaurace Vojanův Dvůr
They brew their own beers Inc a red and dark one which were smooth and lovely. Easily the best beers imo in Prague and a nice change from pilsners.
The bar is right next to the park with the dripstone wall round the corner from the castle which was worth a look too (the park with the dripstone wall).

I like my art and a local artist David cerny has some interesting things round the city - babies crawling up a tower and babies crawling in a park ,one called piss , a glowing embryo on a street corner and frank Kafka's head plus lots more - we saw most of them, just for something to do and give us a guide to walk round the city.

If you're there for a couple of days there is enough to see round the city with the castle / vyshrad and the really overrated clock!
. Our lass liked the alchemist museum (speculum alchemist?) which had tunnels and caves under the city.

If you're there for 3 days stuck for things to do and like walking get up the national memorial up vitkov hill (we got the metro which was dead easy to use to Florenc and walked from there, but it's walkable from the city anyway).(there is quite a bit of street art from zizkov to here which is something I used to do so look for it in most cities but realise it's probably not your thing !)..
The views from vitkov hill are superb - then a walk down past the zizkov tv tower to vyshrad (definitely worth a visit by the river) takes about 70 mins.

If youre there for 3 or 4 nights go to bohemia/saxon Switzerland if you like your national parks and see bastei bridge
Can get organised trips from Prague. 90/120 mins each way but a really great day trip.

Generally cheap to eat, deffo cheap to drink.
The Prague beer museums I found disappointing and wouldn't recommend for a drink. There were some nice bars down by the river from the walk from vyshrad to the dancing house hotel.
Great thanks

Back