After all the recent posts saying 'that's it we're down' etc ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiver

Winger
....... this song kept coming into my head.

So I put the CD in the car on the drive up, from Mansfield, and had it on as loud as I could as Man Utd supporters were gesturing at me and making 'going down' signs etc. I just smiled and thought 'yeah I've heard it all before' ....... so before this thread is wiped or Parsnipped or whatever just give it listen and keep the faith ;)

Hey, R - we share the same outlook. Fk the bedwetters.

Sadly my ex dumped a bucket of water on my laptop 3 Jan 2013 @ 05:30 after sucking on her bottle of vodka all night long.
Silly "lady" was aiming the contents at me, but missed. That's another story.

Point is that I lost all my pics of you and yer bairns doing the fab "doon toon" stuff 2009. Strangely, I can't find those pics on the Chronicle website.

I would be really delighted if you could post even one or two on PL. (yeah - and take the inevitable kicks in the bollox from the usual assholes).

Ta very much. :)

....... this song kept coming into my head.

So I put the CD in the car on the drive up, from Mansfield, and had it on as loud as I could as Man Utd supporters were gesturing at me and making 'going down' signs etc. I just smiled and thought 'yeah I've heard it all before' ....... so before this thread is wiped or Parsnipped or whatever just give it listen and keep the faith ;)

True supporters never never ever give up. I've lost count of the times we've been beaten, battered, done down, and written off. But fannies not withstanding, the vast majority of our support stand firm, stand proud, and crack on. I've been asked why we do this, I think it's just in our dna. We can't help it, We have no control over it, it is what it is. As far as I'm concerned it's what sets us apart from most other clubs, and makes me proud to be a supporter. Cracking song btw.

True supporters never never ever give up. I've lost count of the times we've been beaten, battered, done down, and written off. But fannies not withstanding, the vast majority of our support stand firm, stand proud, and crack on. I've been asked why we do this, I think it's just in our dna. We can't help it, We have no control over it, it is what it is. As far as I'm concerned it's what sets us apart from most other clubs, and makes me proud to be a supporter. Cracking song btw.

Remember the 1997 Sean Bean Sky Sports football advert? I know it represents the feelings of many football supporters worldwide but it could have been specifically created to express how we all feel about Sunderland AFC - adapted for us.

Life

It can be difficult

You know that

We all need someone to rely on

Someone who's going to be there

Someone who's going to make you feel like you belong

Someone constant

Sunderland bring us ectasy, anguish, joy and despair
They're part of our history
They're part of our country
And they'll be part of our future
They're theatre, art, war and love
They should be predictable ... but never are
Following The Lads is a feeling that can't be explained but we spend our lives explaining it
They're our religion
We do not apologise for them
We do not deny them
Sunderland are our team, our family and our life.

Logon or register to see this image

Remember the 1997 Sean Bean Sky Sports football advert? I know it represents the feelings of many football supporters worldwide but it could have been specifically created to express how we all feel about Sunderland AFC - adapted for us.

Life

It can be difficult

You know that

We all need someone to rely on

Someone who's going to be there

Someone who's going to make you feel like you belong

Someone constant

Sunderland bring us ectasy, anguish, joy and despair
They're part of our history
They're part of our country
And they'll be part of our future
They're theatre, art, war and love
They should be predictable ... but never are
Following The Lads is a feeling that can't be explained but we spend our lives explaining it
They're our religion
We do not apologise for them
We do not deny them
Sunderland are our team, our family and our life.

Logon or register to see this image
Magnificent

"Rise Up"

You're broken down and tired
Of living life on a merry-go-round
And you can't find the fighter
But I see it in you so we gonna walk it out
And move mountains
We gonna walk it out
And move mountains

And I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again
And I'll rise up
High like the waves
I'll rise up
In spite of the ache
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousands times again
For you

When the silence isn't quiet
And it feels like it's getting hard to breathe
And I know you feel like dying
But I promise we'll take the world to it's feet
And move mountains
We gonna walk it out
And move mountains
And I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again
For you

All we need, all we need is hope
And for that we have each other
And for that we have each other
We will rise
We will rise
We'll rise, ohh ohhh
We'll rise

I'll rise up
Rise like the day
I'll rise up
In spite of the ache
I will rise a thousands times again
And we'll rise up
Rise like the waves
We'll rise up
In spite of the ache
We'll rise up
And we'll do it a thousands times again
For you ohhhh ohhh

Hey, R - we share the same outlook. Fk the bedwetters.

Sadly my ex dumped a bucket of water on my laptop 3 Jan 2013 @ 05:30 after sucking on her bottle of vodka all night long.
Silly "lady" was aiming the contents at me, but missed. That's another story.

Point is that I lost all my pics of you and yer bairns doing the fab "doon toon" stuff 2009.
Strangely, I can't find those pics on the Chronicle website.

I would be really delighted if you could post even one or two on PL. (yeah - and take the inevitable kicks in the bollox from the usual assholes).

Ta very much. :)

I'd be happy to mate, send a pm with your e-address and I'll send you some and other great stuff from the away derby games.

Here's a taster ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back