Adam Lyth

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NOMOREFALSEDAWNS

Should he fail again at Headingley who should replace him for the Ashes.Between Hales and Robson.

Two failures all it takes now? I know that the 80s are very retro but haway!

3 captains during this ashes series too?
Just supposin Lyth scores 0 and 2 do you honestly think they would risk him in the first ashes test

Which is why he should have played every test in the carribean.

The lad is now under pressure to perform on his home ground. Not that he'll be binned so quickly. Bayliss will want to have a look at players before making decisions like that.

I agree he deserves to play more than the next 2, but I actually don't buy into this its unlucky he didn't play in Caribbean. Test cricket is not always about slowly introducing players, they should be at the stage where they can perform nearly immediately

Sounds harsh but it is international sport, Lyth looked like he had something mind but just needs to tighten up a bit

Said many times before I would play Hales, he wouldn't be fazed by it, look at how Stokes and Buttler and co have adapted, Hales has the same talent IMO.

Debutant in the first Ashes test in our current situation? Great idea.

I agree he deserves to play more than the next 2, but I actually don't buy into this its unlucky he didn't play in Caribbean. Test cricket is not always about slowly introducing players, they should be at the stage where they can perform nearly immediately

Sounds harsh but it is international sport, Lyth looked like he had something mind but just needs to tighten up a bit

Said many times before I would play Hales, he wouldn't be fazed by it, look at how Stokes and Buttler and co have adapted, Hales has the same talent IMO.
It's nothing about luck, the decision to bring trott back was just amateurish and the wrong one. I said last summer hales and Lyth should be taken to the windies and whoever performed best would be our opener for the summer. We'd have a better grasp of who that is if we hadn't of shoehorned trott in.

It's obvious the previous regime viewed hales as a one day slogger lets hope the new one view him as our warner

i think if he fails in the next test and (fails in 1st ashes test and we lose) then i wouldnt be surprised if he got dropped.
Got to say too, maybe Bayliss will have an opinion and say on who he wants or thinks should be opening and then every chance at a debutant opening in the ashes

i think if he fails in the next test and (fails in 1st ashes test and we lose) then i wouldnt be surprised if he got dropped.
Got to say too, maybe Bayliss will have an opinion and say on who he wants or thinks should be opening and then every chance at a debutant opening in the ashes
Will Bayliss know any candidates?

If the selectors had any cricketing nous, they'd have taken Hales and Lyth to the Windies instead of Trott. Lyth has to see the summer out now.

No he won't. By all accounts his knowledge of the county circuit is extremely limited.

Then again, we do have some top class selectors....
Yea, we have some top class selectors..... no wait....

it also relates to one of the things that trouble me about Cook (not that this is his fault), but he hasn't played County cricket for a long time and in any case Essex is second division. Most of his time is spent travelling the world from one series or tournament to the next, so when he's presented with a new face he must have very little idea of who he is, why he's there or what he can do. He has to rely on second hand information.

Yea, we have some top class selectors..... no wait....

it also relates to one of the things that trouble me about Cook (not that this is his fault), but he hasn't played County cricket for a long time and in any case Essex is second division. Most of his time is spent travelling the world from one series or tournament to the next, so when he's presented with a new face he must have very little idea of who he is, why he's there or what he can do. He has to rely on second hand information.
Cook isn't a selector tho.

Thats the nature of English cricket mind. They reckon Bayliss will be away from home 40 weeks out of the next 52

Cook isn't a selector tho.

Thats the nature of English cricket mind. They reckon Bayliss will be away from home 40 weeks out of the next 52

No I'm not saying he is but remember selectors pick the squad and the coach and a captain pick the team, so how is Cook supposed to know?

No he won't. By all accounts his knowledge of the county circuit is extremely limited.

Then again, we do have some top class selectors....

We without doubt need some new selectors, but they did pick Hales in a hell of a lot of squads, only for him not to be picked by coach etc.

It's nothing about luck, the decision to bring trott back was just amateurish and the wrong one. I said last summer hales and Lyth should be taken to the windies and whoever performed best would be our opener for the summer. We'd have a better grasp of who that is if we hadn't of shoehorned trott in.

It's obvious the previous regime viewed hales as a one day slogger lets hope the new one view him as our warner

You missed my point a bit, I didn't mean he shouldn't of played in Caribbean, he clearly should of played in Barbados, but I don't buy this as an excuse if he doesn't adapt over the summer.

Trott made hus debut in an Ashes decider and scored a 100, Cook was flown out and scored a 100 on debut in India, Stokes scored a 100 in Perth in his 2nd test

In an ideal world every player gets a nice easy start, but that isn't always the way it should be, and nor should it, you want to play against the best and its up to Lyth to prove he's good enough.

I agree about Hales, even more amazing when you see his recent first class record, its the best in the country,

Hales isn't an opener. Lyth should be in for the summer now unless some serious failings are exposed.

I am more worried about 3-4 with Ballance and Bell. Don't want to up Root from where he is but Bell may be one discarded after the summer and could be Hales to slot in there. Or another front line bowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back