A league table is a funny thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The trouble is we aren't that hard to beat. Even QPR and Bradford managed it. Our whole approach is negative and defensive yet Hull should've been out of sight on Tuesday.

Hopefully we do stay up but all season it's been 'if we beat Hull', ' if we beat QPR', 'if we beat Villa'. We aren't even looking like winning these games. It would be ridiculous if we do stay up given how little we've actually tried to play football.

Ten defeats all season, Bradford really shouldn't be constantly brought up, if you don't lose in the cup then you've won the cup, so I'm not going to constantly complain about it, you either go all the way or you get knocked out by someone, the fact that it was Bradford is just an excuse for the Poyet doubters to stick the knife in. Chelsea, the best team in England, also lost to Bradford, and they lost to them at home, and conceded FOUR goals after being 2-0 up. Are their fans saying Mourinho is out of his depth because of this? Are they giving him stick for it? Probably just moving on, but either way, they'd actually have more reason to criticise their team, they have world class players, we don't.

The trouble is we aren't that hard to beat. Even QPR and Bradford managed it. Our whole approach is negative and defensive yet Hull should've been out of sight on Tuesday.

Hopefully we do stay up but all season it's been 'if we beat Hull', ' if we beat QPR', 'if we beat Villa'. We aren't even looking like winning these games. It would be ridiculous if we do stay up given how little we've actually tried to play football.

Hard to beat he says :oops: :lol:

QPR and Bradford beat us very easily. Soton away was our joint worst defeat in our 130 odd year history :eek:

I disagree with that mind. Hes criticised because he often appears disinterested despite bags of ability and a huge paypacket imo. I know its common with flair players it just seems he`s a class act `when he can be arsed`. If you`d bankrolled his move that would piss you off massively.
I can't agree with that.

Ten defeats all season, Bradford really shouldn't be constantly brought up, if you don't lose in the cup then you've won the cup, so I'm not going to constantly complain about it, you either go all the way or you get knocked out by someone, the fact that it was Bradford is just an excuse for the Poyet doubters to stick the knife in. Chelsea, the best team in England, also lost to Bradford, and they lost to them at home, and conceded FOUR goals after being 2-0 up. Are their fans saying Mourinho is out of his depth because of this? Are they giving him stick for it? Probably just moving on, but either way, they'd actually have more reason to criticise their team, they have world class players, we don't.
No but then Chelsea haven't only won 4 games all season

We can't be that hard to beat if QPR have done it twice. Poyet isn't getting grief over 1 result. He's getting grief because after all this time no-one looks like they know what they are doing. We don't have a functional plan, we don't make the best of what we have have, we don't score goals or win games. We don't seem to change things when games are going wrong. We are timid, negative and cowardly in our play. That is why he's getting stick.

QPR and Bradford beat us very easily. Soton away was our joint worst defeat in our 130 odd year history :eek:
I know. Southampton was a one off but teams play through us with ease. It's easier to appear solid when you have 10 men behind the ball but it's a myth. We made QPR look like Barcelona. QP f***ing R

I'm not going to argue with these criticisms. Just going to point out something quite ironic...

Our best run of form over four games this season was the period between beating Stoke and beating Palace, even though we lost 8-0 and 2-0 in between those two wins, it's ironic that that represents our most productive four games this season, conceded 12 in those 4 games, yet we got 6 points. :lol:

Attackers are the most expensive players to buy and it has not been 2 points a win for a very long time, so unless we start producing a few homegrown forwards the future looks like an annual struggle with Gus since we are god awful in the transfer market.

The table isnt a funny thing at all imho. I think if Everton were swapped with Southampton then the table would be very similar to how anyone with a vague interest in football wouldve predicted last August. Poyets morale boosting bollocks a few days back about how he nivver expected this squad to struggle is almost reason enough for sacking on its own.

Looking at the league table before and after a match is all well and good. It's the bit in between that's the concern.

We're the most cowardly, boring team in the division. Sky sports producers must pray we get relegated as we do nowt but tarnish the premier league's global brand with our sleep-inducing football. If I paid twenty odd quid to go to the cinema and the film was that bad I'd be f***ing livid.
I'm with you, I don't even want to go anymore as what this lot are serving up is disgraceful. This manager may well keep us up but I fear QPR are capable of going on a run, but whether we stay up or not we need to change manager for next season.
I believe some of the pro Poyet posters on here don't go to witness the garbage he serves up. Less losses than some ? Yippee, but what happened to winning matches ?

Still waiting for the day the FOOTBALL GODS leave us alone and start picking on someone else for a change!

If it wasn't for odd disallowed goal and other poor referring decisions - and -
a little bit of luck here and there we could be well into mid table safety by now with or without Defoe

Given we have spent so many games with a 9 man defence then not really surprising. I suspect if anyone can be arsed we will also have some of the poorest possession and shots on target in the bottom half aswell.

Having just checked our current form over the last 12 games we have got 8 points out of 36. Home form we are joint 2nd worse, away form joint 2nd worst and scored 9 goals. Not good reading

Last edited:
Given we have spent so many games with a 9 man defence then not really surprising. I suspect if anyone can be arsed we will also have some of the poorest possession and shots on target in the bottom half aswell.
We're 14th on possession and 19th for shots, shots on target.

3 more wins instead of draws and we'd be 12th and 10 points clear of relegation.

If the team was set up to actually take a chance and attack every now and again this could have been an entirely different and far more positive season.

Instead it's another relegation battle and one which, with the players we now have, we shouldn't really be involved in.

We are the hardest team to beat in the bottom half, hence we won't be relegated.

No team has ever been relegated with fewer than 15 defeats. We've been grinding out results all season, I don't see us capitulating all of a sudden.

We've also got points in more games than any other side in the bottom half, that tells you that we are tough opponents. Contrary to what you read on here, we are a difficult team to play. It might not be pretty, but it will keep us in the league.

But yeah, there'll still be people who say we are sleepwalking towards relegation and that we will never win a game again this season. This is just being defeatist.
I really f***ing hate that phrase 'sleepwalking to relegation' bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back