24 hr fasting

Did 2 24 hours fasts for 3 months last summer and then ate and drank normally for the other 5 days -lost 9kgs over that period which was a 10% weight loss. Still do 1 day fast a week most weeks as part of a weight maintenance plan and have managed to keep the weight loss off.

Dunno how people do it. I’m only about 1 stone overweight and if I have a busy morning and forget to eat my body is literally shaking by 4/5pm and sometimes I’m lightheaded and dizzy. I feel like 24 hours would finish me off.

I can forget to eat for a day without noticing, if that's the question.

As a student I stopped a fast after eight or nine days when I was told that adding milk to my tea voided it - f that I thought and went off to boil some spinach.

Some recent studies suggest that it’s bad for the heart
Just come off a 75 hour fast, Do it once a month as it resets your body in many ways, Important that you get the required electrolytes though as it can lead to dehydration, Fatigue, headaches, nausea etc.
I keep away from any carbs when I come off it though & just eat a small meal of veg, then another a couple of hours later, Then I go back to normal on a 18:6.

I fast between 7 at night untill the morning when I have my BREAKFAST.

I do this because I am a normal adult and not a daft melt who has watched a YouTube video of some drug crazed knacker from California who has 7% body fat and genuinely thinks this is achievable for most normal people who want at least a modicum of enjoyment in their grim lives.

It’s a no from me and I’m out.

I do this because I am a normal adult and not a daft melt who has watched a YouTube video of some drug crazed knacker from California who has 7% body fat and genuinely thinks this is achievable for most normal people who want at least a modicum of enjoyment in their grim lives.

It's quite easy to wake up on morning, go to work and not eat till midday. If you do that everyday and have your tea at 6pm, then your fasting 3/4 of the time.. it's not that absurd and works really well, as long as the stuff you are eating is varied and healthy

It's quite easy to wake up on morning, go to work and not eat till midday. If you do that everyday and have your tea at 6pm, then your fasting 3/4 of the time.. it's not that absurd and works really well, as long as the stuff you are eating is varied and healthy
I agree but doing what you suggest means I would miss out on a beautiful bacon sandwich which is one of life’s great pleasures.

In return I could have a quinoa and avacado salad mmmmmmm simply divine.

You need to feed the mind, soul and body to be healthy in all respects not just the physical entity.

I agree but doing what you suggest means I would miss out on a beautiful bacon sandwich which is one of life’s great pleasures.

In return I could have a quinoa and avacado salad mmmmmmm simply divine.

You need to feed the mind, soul and body to be healthy in all respects not just the physical entity.

Aye it goes out of the window on a weekend usually. But I train / exercise 6 days per week so eating healthy goes hand in hand

Saturday afternoon comes and its time to drink to excess and eat lovely, fatty, salty food

Aye it goes out of the window on a weekend usually. But I train / exercise 6 days per week so eating healthy goes hand in hand

Saturday afternoon comes and its time to drink to excess and eat lovely, fatty, salty food
Like it mate. I’m out there all the time too but I love to drink and eat good food.

Too much is not enough.

Like it mate. I’m out there all the time too but I love to drink and eat good food.

Too much is not enough.

I love a bacon sandwich on Saturday, a few pints, a Chinese etc .. but it always tastes better when I've had a good healthy week

I'm not sure how some of the lads at work are still alive. Literally live on them giant energy drink cans, vapes and greggs

I love a bacon sandwich on Saturday, a few pints, a Chinese etc .. but it always tastes better when I've had a good healthy week

I'm not sure how some of the lads at work are still alive. Literally live on them giant energy drink cans, vapes and greggs
Agreed, I cook everything from scratch, rarely if ever eat processed food , apart from my monthly Bombay Bad boy, but I do like a bit of a drink.

Comes with the territory I suppose , late nights and that.

Dunno how people do it. I’m only about 1 stone overweight and if I have a busy morning and forget to eat my body is literally shaking by 4/5pm and sometimes I’m lightheaded and dizzy. I feel like 24 hours would finish me off.
Sugar rush probably. Your blood sugars are likely plummeting. You eat you'll be good for 3 or 4 hours.

I was going to comment similar. While I’m not belittling anyone who fasts if it benefits them the main thing driving these type of practices is social media. Some empty headed juice jabber who thinks lifting a few weights makes them a demi god giving life advice when they’re only about 20 years old.
‘Just thought I’d jump on cos so many people have been asking’

No mate - no one’s been asking so jump off.
A cliff

Anyone use a meal replacements as opposed to fasting ? Likes of huel and that sort of thing ? Seen protein works get canny ratings and they’ve got a decent offer on at the minute

Back