10 minutes for Borini to sign . . . Looks unlikely doesn't it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really want a player coming here on loan when he doesn't want to sign permanently?.We should tell him to go away.Sign for SAFC permanently or don't come at all.
My first answer was no but having thought about it it might work out to be a good deal again for us, paying a small loan fee plus wages and not spending the £14M on him. I think my feelings are now I prefer him to come on loan rather than buy outright because he doesn't want to commit long term here and it would be a waste of £14M.

Just look elsewhere lads, he's hardly irreplaceable is he? You could get a great player at £14M (that Alvarez is pretty good). Continuing to chase a player who doesn't really want to be at the club is just weak IMO.

I don't expect players to love the club but I expect them to want to be there at least.

Rodger's has publically said he won't get a look in, yet he still refuses to come here. Bellend mate.
It does sound like he really doesn't want to be here mate TBF. His loss totally. He would have been loved and welcomed at our club, leave him to warm benches and carry drinks at one that clearly wants rid.

There is no way Short will allow Graham, Fletcher, Altidore, Wickham, and Borini all to collect big wages. That is clearly too much for a mid table club.

As the most saleable asset Wickham was being touted around every club in the league, but could only attract a bid of £5m.

Once it became clear that Wickham was going nowhere then there was no chance Borini was going to come in.

It is a shame, as a fee was agreed and he is obviously keen to join - Poyet confirmed as much and he has even offered to come back on loan.

It's impossible to imagine that if he is happy to do a 2nd year he couldn't be persuaded to sign a 3 year contract. A three year deal practically guarantees he could leave after 2 years if he did well anyway.

So no questioning his commitment, but Congerton has deliberately made a derisory contract offer safe in the knowledge it will be rejected.

It is the 2nd time in the last 4 years the club have spent the entire Summer lying about transfers, only to leave us with one of the most piss weak strikerforces in the league. Anyone who remembers how the Gyan saga carried on knows that the club are completely untrustworthy (btw has any other club ever misplaced their star striker after the window shut?).

This time there is no professional gobshite to wheel out to explain how a donation to the academy will be made. I expect we will be treated to Poyet talking completely contradictory bollocks, as he did as soon as Balotelli signed and it became clear beyond doubt what SAFC have been up to.

What an arsehole Ellis Short is.

I just cant get my head round this at all - staying at Liverpool is the end of his career, who will want him after a years obscurity in liverpool reserves ?? It makes no sense at all which is why there has to be something we dont know because who in their right mind would make such a career threateningly stupid move ???

I just cant get my head round this at all - staying at Liverpool is the end of his career, who will want him after a years obscurity in liverpool reserves ?? It makes no sense at all which is why there has to be something we dont know because who in their right mind would make such a career threateningly stupid move ???
Spot on, he will be lucky to be in the stands never mind the bench, it could have a hugely negative impact on his career. Unless if course he's waiting for someone else to come in. But even if he is, then surely anyone desperate to sign him would have showed their hand by now.
Could be a case of if he comes to us we are his last choice, if he goes elsewhere he is their last choice.
But all just more speculation in a bloody long summer of it :lol:

To be honest I doubt very much he would even make the bench ??......Sturridge, Sterling, Lambert, Lallana, Balotelli.....where on earth is he going to get a sniff of first team action ???...its utterly ludicrous and would be an all time gaff if he makes it happen !

There is no way Short will allow Graham, Fletcher, Altidore, Wickham, and Borini all to collect big wages. That is clearly too much for a mid table club.

As the most saleable asset Wickham was being touted around every club in the league, but could only attract a bid of £5m.

Once it became clear that Wickham was going nowhere then there was no chance Borini was going to come in.

It is a shame, as a fee was agreed and he is obviously keen to join - Poyet confirmed as much and he has even offered to come back on loan.

It's impossible to imagine that if he is happy to do a 2nd year he couldn't be persuaded to sign a 3 year contract. A three year deal practically guarantees he could leave after 2 years if he did well anyway.

So no questioning his commitment, but Congerton has deliberately made a derisory contract offer safe in the knowledge it will be rejected.

It is the 2nd time in the last 4 years the club have spent the entire Summer lying about transfers, only to leave us with one of the most piss weak strikerforces in the league. Anyone who remembers how the Gyan saga carried on knows that the club are completely untrustworthy (btw has any other club ever misplaced their star striker after the window shut?).

This time there is no professional gobshite to wheel out to explain how a donation to the academy will be made. I expect we will be treated to Poyet talking completely contradictory bollocks, as he did as soon as Balotelli signed and it became clear beyond doubt what SAFC have been up to.

richest post: 18534863 said:
Last minute deal then ?
Whats your best guess.

My concern now is not so much whether Fabio comes but what happens if we are still working at it close to the deadline then we miss our fallback for some reason Or we panic buy. I'd rather a long deal before Monday so we know where we are.

I'm bothered as will be many other Sunderland supporters. Borini has made it clear we are his last option. If we get him in the last hour ovf the last day it will leave quite a bitter taste in my mouth. But then again I've got principles which many players or supporters don't have nowadays.
No he hasn't

Angel Di Maria said in a letter to the Real Madrid supporters that he had no desire to leave and he was pushed out the door. Somehow, I doubt Man Utd fans are that bothered

By that principal - who gives a shit as long as Borini plays well?
Yet he still signed within hours of a fee being agreed.

:eek:

Wow, just wow.

Indeed it is, sometimes it isn't possible to give an intelligent and thoughtful response

Yep. My head was spinning reading that post. Is he ITK? Hmmm. :lol:

Whatever the truth behind the Borini saga is, and indeed the Gyan fiasco, Short is anything but an arsehole. I can't believe I read that. Actually, I can- this is PF after all.

Yep. My head was spinning reading that post. Is he ITK? Hmmm. :lol:

Whatever the truth behind the Borini saga is, and indeed the Gyan fiasco, Short is anything but an arsehole. I can't believe I read that. Actually, I can- this is PF after all.
I tell you what I'd happily be called an arsehole by a random on a message board if I was a few quid behind him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back