Zoom

Bob Fleming

Striker
Any Zoom users on here?

On the free version the room will time out after 40 minutes if you have 3 or more users. Do you know if you can just create another one straight after or is there a time limit?

Any Zoom users on here?

On the free version the room will time out after 40 minutes if you have 3 or more users. Do you know if you can just create another one straight after or is there a time limit?
I use it for work and we have just been starting a new meeting over again. Just been sending the new meeting link out towards the end of the old one (for those too stupid to follow simple instructions)

Been working a treat.... (apart from the idiots who don't understand etiquette on these things)

Bairns are doing interactive karate sessions through it atm as their classes can't run. Right fuck on, not the most intuitive thing to set up. Plus loads of parents didn't realise their mics were on so you could here random people talking about any old shite in the background while the lesson took place :D

Bairns are doing interactive karate sessions through it atm as their classes can't run. Right fuck on, not the most intuitive thing to set up. Plus loads of parents didn't realise their mics were on so you could here random people talking about any old shite in the background while the lesson took place :D
Jesus man. If people are going to have to use digital software to connect people its about time the world brushed up on its digital skills.

Any Zoom users on here?

I had one this morning with my boss. He was using the free one and he said that if we ran out of time he would just create another one.

Not for teams - teams also works on mac etc
But the person creating the Teams meeting needs to have a MS account with Teams linked to a organisation of some sort. You can't just download Teams and create video calls for a personal user.

I really like Teams and do have large calls for work. Was considering just setting up a chat for some mates but figured someone could question why I was doing that at 9pm on a Friday night.

Used Zoom to deliver a lecture earlier (Pro version as was for 1.5 hours). Very neat and saved an mp4 file also for those who missed. I also like Teams (not sure if you can record?) but many of the students now in China and lots of issues with Microsoft stuff in China. The ability to add outside users to Teams depends on how your IT have set it up. At my place, you need to request adding outside team members, but you can add internal members instantaneously.

Back