Zoom lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is firat one of those old russian makes?

You'll have to give us a few more clues there

I think thats the one I tried. What do you use it for?
Its my go to lens for anything longer than the 50mm f1.4 prime that sits on my camera pretty much all the time. So anything longer than 50mm - for example if I'm shooting birds on my feeder from 30 feet away. It's also a cracking macro lens, I've used it to shoot spiders webs and small items in my light tent.

I assume you mean a telephoto zoom, not just any zoom? What are you looking to take photos of?

yes telephoto.

It’s just really to be able to be a bit more flexible really as in taking photos of the kids when they are playing further away. Or to take photos of planes or the moon etc.

I certainly wouldn’t want to spend a fortune (I’ve had a go of the £90 Sigma lens and it was OK- can get a used for £45)

the sigma 70-300 is a decent "budget" lens, very good value really.
tamron also do a 70-300, for about the same price.
I had the tamron (pentax fit), and was quite pleased with; though it suffered from purple fringing at 300mm.
have a look on jessops, they are both around the £90-£100 new. look to pay around £40-£50 used.
if you can get the sigma used for £45, I would get it.

I had the tamron (pentax fit), and was quite pleased with; though it suffered from purple fringing at 300mm.
have a look on jessops, they are both around the £90-£100 new. look to pay around £40-£50 used.
I've got the Tamron, using it on a d3300. I like it and would recommend it for the price but you can tell it's only £90. It's a bugger for chromatic aberration so would check out the Sigma before taking a punt.

The £45 is apparently a bit worn and bashed but still perfectly usable. Suppose if it works fine..

One other unrelated thing im seeing on my D3300 LCD screen is a flashing black smudge in areas of the photo preview which disappears when you zoom in. Anyone know whats happening here?

I would leave it then if its a "bit bashed", it could have optical problems. For £45 i would expect good to excellent condition.
Get on a UK Nikon forum and check the classified section, you may get a decent one for around the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back