Zoom Lens help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazmackem

Central Defender
I have recently upgraded from my kit lens (nikon 18-55mm) to the nikon 18-200mm VR (MK1 version), but have had to send it back due to it jumping when autofocusing. I bought it second hand and the company have just confirmed that the lens was faulty, but they dont have any others in stock.

Does anyone have any recommendations of an alternative do-it-all lens? Im tempted to pay the extra for the nikon 18-300mm but its meant to be heavy and not masively better for the price (apart from longer range of course). also looked at tamron/sigma alternatives but it seems that they arent as good build/optical quality.

Going on holiday in two weeks so need to get something sorted quick... only have a 35mm prime now!

cheers in advance!

You specifically after a superzoom? I used the Sigma 18-200 with Canon DSLRs and was very impressed with it for the price.

You specifically after a superzoom? I used the Sigma 18-200 with Canon DSLRs and was very impressed with it for the price.
Def wanting something at least that after having the 18-200mm. You got any samples to upload mate? The Nikon was fine, just a faulty lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back